1

He looks so goodddd

-
"Its been a lovely morning Janet, not as lovely as Damian Thorns historic win last night. I mean we all thought it was going to be a real fight! But who knew that we'd get something better, watching the unbeatable Nikolas Raydon get knocked out in the first ten seconds of the match. I mean can you believe that Janet?"

"No! I mean the man was nicknamed the destroyer of dreams for peat-sake. He was from russia, the man was completely unbeatable. But that's not even the best part, he was beaten by our own home town hero! Damian Thorn, miami born and bred. He was one of our own!" She said.

"Yes, the streets of miami spent the whole night partying in his honer. They say he might come back for the summer before picking back up his intense training schedule in the fall."

"Well its a warm welcome for him, he made his city proud,"

"This is good morning Miami and we welcome you Damian Thorn"

I peeled my eyes off the tv to focus on my customers. "Will that be all?" I asked. "Jesus, can you imagine? One punch and your out," The customer spoke. "Do you think he's that huge in real life?" He asked. Yes. "No way, its just the tv screen making him look that big," The other customer at the table said. "Oh come on! Six four and two hundred and forty five pounds! Look at the way he knocked Nikolas out, you think that was luck?" He said. "Food should be out shortly gentlemen," I said walking away.

I headed back to the counter where all the other girls had been stuck, glued watching the tv screen. "What I wouldn't do to devour him whole," Someone said. "Do you know what it takes to knock out a seasoned MMA champ thats bigger than you?" Another said. "Look how fucking chiseled he is, carved from fucking marble, fuck do you think he like it rough? I bet he does, I bet he fucks-Ok!" Interrupted Kate, another waitress. "Please save your thirsty conversations for outside of work! This is a place of business," She scolded. With a few whatever's and snarky remarks they wondered off.

"Animals! All of them!" Kate said to me. I rolled my eyes. Looking over at me she put her hand on my shoulder. "You okay?" She asked. "Y-Yes why? Do I seem not okay?" I asked hurriedly. She looked at me again, unconvinced. "I told you a thousand times, I already put a word in with Ricky and he'd be happy to transfer you to our location in Soca," She said. "And I already told you its not possible, bus 84 doesn't go past riverun and I am not gonna walk seven and a half miles everyday just to avoid someone," I said. "It's actually fifteen miles, going and coming back," She corrected. "Exactly!" I said.

"But he's coming back Lena, what are you gonna do?" She asked. "I mean seriously, do you really think you'll be able to avoid him, look," She said pointing out the front window. Across the street, Martin's Gym. The gym where it all started, where he's rumored to be training all summer. "Fuck, Lena. Your gonna for sure run into him," She said. I gulped, my hands getting shaky at the thought. "What are you gonna do if he sees-Hola! How are my girls doing today?," Mrs. Skosha said. "Hey! How are you, and how's my favorite little man?" Kate asked picking up the baby from her arms. "You've gotten so big! Yes you have! I wish your mom would bring you around more often! Yes I do!" She cooed. "Hey, Mrs. Skosha," I said smiling weakly. "Oh honey! Why the long face?" She asked. "Baby daddy troubles," Kate said bouncing my son, Mateo around. "I told you not to worry about that puta! Who ever he is, he missed out. You and Mateo don't need him," She said warmly. Her head turned to the screen. They were showing high light clips from the big fight last night. "Yes! Our Miami champion! Fight! Fight! Fight!" She cheered. "Lo que no haría to have a chance at that," She said. "I cannot wait till he comes back this summer! I'll feed him plantanos just like I used to back when he was in high school, oh Lena how could you not stay in touch? You were such good friends! You need to try and see him while he's here!" She said. "I told you Mrs. Skosha, we had a falling out," I said taking my son into my arms. "But you were such good friends! I remember the way he used to walk you home, buy you gifts, feed you, the way he would take care of you and your grandmother. You were so close, surly a friendship like that cannot be forgotten," She said. "It had been," I said trying to ignore her. "Cash me out?" I said handing my tip book to Kate. Throwing Mateos bag around my shoulder I watched as he started falling asleep on my shoulder.

He was my everything and I would do just about anything to protect him. Including keeping him away from his asshole father. I looked up at the TV one last time. Damian was the father of my son. He was my best friend since I could remember and at one point he was everything to me. But he made his choices and I made mine.

After getting back my tips I left the diner which I worked and began walking to the bus stop. Looking over at Martins gym I locked eyes with a pair already staring at me. Martin Jr. he was smoking a cigarette outside the gym watching me from across the street. I hadn't spoken to him in a while, but he had the same worried expression that Kate carried on her face. Taking a seat at the bus stop I patiently waited.

It was going to be a tough summer.

But I've survived worse.