8

Then

"Damian," Lena called out. "Do you think I'm pretty?" She asked. Damian's eyebrows furrowed as her words hit his ears, not that he could fully comprehend what she was saying. He was too engrossed in the game of fifa he had been playing for the last hour and a half.

But Lena on the other hand was having a crisis. A self esteem crisis as she was about to turn fifteen and hadn't even kissed a boy. For some reason boy's didn't like her. "Damian..." She dragged out trying to get his attention.

"Hm?" He said eyes glued to the tv, hands fiddling with the controller. "Why did you even invite me over if you were just gonna play video games?" She asked. "So you could bring me snacks while I play," He said. Lena rolled her eyes, "I'm gonna leave if you're not gonna listen to me, this is serious," She said gently tossing a pillow at him. He stayed silent ignoring her loud obvious sighs.

"Whatever, I'm going to Trina's. A place where people actually listen," She huffed. "K, throw me some goldfish from the kitchen before you leave," He said. Another eye roll as she headed to the kitchen.

-

"Another tattoo?" Luis asked. "What does it even mean?" He asked. "It's a soccer ball, it means I like soccer," Damian replied. Tuloo chuckled at the dead tone.

Damian checked the time on his phone. School was about to start and Lena hadn't shown up yet. Usually, he stopped by to walk her to school but this morning her grandmother said she already left. "Do you know where Lena is?" Damian asked. "I saw her going to Trina's this morning," Tuloo said. He lived across from the girl he was crushing on, he lived so close but couldn't muster up the courage to ask her out. He and Damian shared the same desperate pining after girls they were to chicken to pursue romantically. It's what brought them closer. The boys sat on the steps in front of the school doors. The whole front area was littered with students waiting for the doors to open and the school day to start.

He checked the time again. "Maybe I should call her," He said. "Breath, they're probably on their way right now. Don't get your panties in a bunch just because you can't loom over her like a bitch in heat," Tuloo said. It was Luis's turn to laugh. "Shut up," Damian said. He did not 'loom over' or follow her around like a bitch in heat or a lost puppy or whatever they said. He followed Lena around the perfectly normal amount someone should follow someone around. He sighed.

As freshman boys they sat on the bottom of the totem poll. Still adjusting to the social imbalances of highschool. Damian was only beginning to grow into his looks not enough to get any real attention or status yet. A few heads turned in the crowd causing the boys to look up.

People stepped aside making way for whoever was causing the light whispers. Probably some fucking popular kid with a new designer jacket or something.

But no, out emerged Lena. His Lena.

Was that a fucking mini skirt?

Then it hit like slow motion. Perfectly smooth, shiny legs that seemed to glow under the morning sun. The skirt was short, really tiny. As his eyes moved up to the little tight white crop top, not too cropped just cropped enough to see her belly button. Suddenly he was reminded of the thing that had been haunting him so relentlessly.

Lena had tits, he didn't know where they came from or how they had gotten that big but she had them. When it was first happening he tried to ignore it. Lena was his best friend, they grew up together. When they were really little they took baths together. This was the girl he watched WWE with and then tried to replicate the wrestling moves on. Sure he liked Lena then too but he didn't really see her like this, she was never really the girly type growing up.