7

"He asked about you," Martin spoke. My breath hitched. "What do you mean?" I asked whipping the counters.

After Damian had climbed into the SUV and drove off almost everyone had left the diner. We watched as Martin ran across the street and into the diner looking spazzed out. There were like four people still left eating their food, and two of them were Mrs. Skosha and my son.

The only other people were the employee's who were all crowded in the corner looking at the pictures only a few of them managed to get. It was only Kate and I at the high top counter, I was whipping it down on the employee side and Martin was bouncing his leg on the customer side, Kate was leaning on it right beside me.

"I mean he literally looked at me in the middle of punching the shit out of the punching bag, and I mean beating it down severely and asked about you," Martin said. "What did you say?" Kate asked. "I panicked, I asked him why and he looked at me all weird. Then he told me it was his business and asked me if I knew where you were," Martin said.

"And? What did you say," Kate asked again. "I started stuttering like a fish. I don't know if I can do this Lena. He paused his punching to look at me, like he knew something was up. He was waiting for an answer and I freaked out and told him you moved," Martin said.

Kate sighed. "So we're in the clear?" She asked. "Not really, he didn't buy it. He stared me down, that dude is tall and when his abs are glistening in the florescent lights I forget its the stupid idiot I grew up with. He tricked me, he asked me what color car you drive and I said you don't drive you just walk everywhere, sometimes you catch the bus. I just blurted it out, like I had just seen you or something. He knew I lied. Then he went to talk to my dad, my dad Lena. My dad started panicking when he mentioned your name so he just took off-right in the middle of the convo. Drew just kept talking about his birds when Damian asked him, trying to divert and then-" Martin paused.

"What?" I asked. "Then Drew mentioned Mateo," He said. My heart skipped a beat. "Not like that! He just just 'her and Mateo' and then paused. Damian got all weird and angry. He started asking the fuck Mateo was and if you had a boyfriend and nobody said anything, in fact Drew went to hide in the locker rooms. Lena we're in trouble, its only been two days and everything's starting to fall apart. Fuck I need a cigarette," He said.

"He doesn't know Mateo's my son?" I asked. "No, just that there's someone named Mateo your connected too," Martin said. "Lena, he seems pretty determined to find you, he's been asking around for you. I think he's planning on stopping by at Trina's today," He said.

Just then my phone rang. I pulled it out, it was Trina.

"Lena! You have to get down her right now!" She screamed. "He was here, he came here. You need to come right now!" She screamed. "Is he still there?" I asked. "No-heavens no. He just left but Tuloo's been loosing his mind for the past couple minutes! You need to get down here," She demanded.

"What?" Martin asked. "We need to go to Trina's," I said.

-

After getting off the three of us plus Mateo climbed into Martins car. It was actually Martin Sr. car, we were just burrowing it. There was no car seat so Mateo sat on my lap, I held onto him tightly. He was getting sleepy, I could tell.

We rolled up to Trina and Tuloo's house. After parking we walked up to the house. There was no big black Cadillac SUV parked anywhere. I took a breath to calm down.

Martin knocked on the door.

Trina opened the door looking wide eyed. "Help! I think there's something wrong with him!" She said. We rushed inside to see Tuloo sitting on the couch staring blankly at a small rectangular piece of paper.

"What is it?" I said adjusting Mateo on my hip. "It's a check Lena! He came and dropped off a check!" She screamed.

"H-How much?" I squeaked. "Ten million," Tuloo spoke entranced. My jaw dropped, "No fucking way!" Kate screamed sitting beside him to look at the check. Trina was acting hysterical, "I never have to work again!" She screamed.

"Fuck, I almost forgot with everything that went down today. He gave me and my Dad two million for the gym plus he put me on his payroll for training him. Like a real professional, I'm getting paid more than two surgeons!" Martin said smiling.

Tuloo stared at the check. "Lena, I think he's going around and helping us all out. I just got off the phone with Luis and his mother. Their at church right now on their hands and knees thanking God for the blessing," Tuloo said.

"He asked for you!" Trina cried out loud.

"Don't worry, Tuloo stood up to him. Let him know you didn't want anything to do with him," Trina said. "Then-" She started looking at her husband. Tuloo looked at his wife as they debated wether to speak or not.

"Then he said he didn't care what you wanted, he needed to talk to you," Tuloo said. "Why? For money?" I asked. "I asked and he told me it wasn't any of my business. But then I was like 'Damian its me! Your bestie!' to try and get it out for him. And-" Tuloo paused.

"What?" I asked holding my son closer.

"He said it's because he wasn't leaving Miami without you," Trina finished. "He was completely serious, you could hear a fucking pin drop in our living room," Trina added.

"When we didn't say anything he accused us of hiding something. Asked us if you were seeing anyone? Specifically a guy named Mateo, I almost had a heart attack, Trina had to lie that one of the kids threw up so they could leave, he has absolutely no clue," Tuloo said.

"What do we do now?" Kate asked.

"Lena, its only a matter of time, tell us what you want to do," Tuloo said.