Chapter One

I rolled over and stared at my alarm clock watching the numbers change waiting for it to make  sound.

But to my surprise the sound came from my phone ringing under my pillow.

I fumbled with the pillow answering.

"Hello." I said with my eyes closed.

I grimaced listening to Paulie yell into the phone.

"Wait in thirty minutes?" I asked confused as he hung up.

I threw my phone on the bed and ran to the bathroom as I fingered my hair into a ponytail.

"The nerve of him telling me to be there in thirty minutes when I don't have to be there for another hour." I muttered as I brushed my teeth.

I walked past my bed putting my pants on and grabbed my phone.

I want a vanilla frappe with a shot of espresso and two pumps of chocolate syrup extra whip and chocolate powder dusted on top when you.... walk in with it

I looked at my watch and saw I had 20 minutes before time.

"Shit." I said grabbing my phone.

I googled the Starbucks number closest to me and called.

"Hi can I place an order over the phone?.... I'm literally down the street but I'm pressed for time......fine." I said hanging up.

I screamed and grabbed my bag and shoved my keys and phone into it and ran out the door flipping the lock.

I ran down the street to the Starbucks and a lady shoved me aside making me stumble and took the spot in front of me.

"A cup of coffee won't fix a black eye bitch." I said standing behind her.

She scoffed and stepped up to order.

I looked at my phone and sighed.

The lady was tapping her chin humming deciding what she wanted.

"You pushed past me not knowing what the fuck you wanted?" I said agitated.

She held her hand up and ordered and I growled holding back the urge to hit her.

I groaned as she fumbled around in her purse to pay.

When she moved aside I grabbed my wallet and rattled off the order staring at my phone.

"Please hurry." I pleaded as he wrote the name on the cup.

He chuckled and set the cup down to fix the lady's.

I sat down in a chair and shook my leg hard watching the time.

"I can make it in two minutes huh?" I mumbled to myself.

He went to call out my name and I grabbed the cup and ran out the door.

It's usually a ten minute walk to my job but I ran and made it in seven getting caught at a light.

I ran into the office and set the cup on Paulie's desk.

"I'm sorry I'm late Paulie." I said out of breath.