Chapter Four

I woke up and checked my phone. Mila had been bugging me the past few days asking a million questions about Blanco.

I swiped her messages away and saw Blanco had text me with an address, time and what to wear.

I blushed and rolled my eyes at myself.

"The money Una. That's it." I said putting my phone on the charger.

Paulie has been acting weird the past few days but he hasn't been riding my ass so I don't care.

I got up and went to the bathroom and once I was done I stood in my closet in my underwear trying to decide what to wear.

I decided on some form fitted khakis, a white spaghetti strap shirt and a olive green sweater.

My phone started ringing and I went to get it as I hopped putting on my socks.

"Yes Mila.... no Im not going to have dinner with you..... lunch either..... I have a busy day..... so dramatic." I said hanging up before she could ask more questions.

I went back to my closet and grabbed some boots that came up to my ankle.

I checked the time and grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

Once i was done at work I went to the place Blanco said and it was a nice Mexican restaurant.

I walked in and the host smiled at me.

"I'm here to meet somebody." I said smiling back.

"Ah. She's been waiting." He said gesturing for me to follow him.

I walked behind him and saw Blanco sitting in the back.

He moved out of the way letting me slide into the booth and walked away.

"You're late." She said looking past me.

I cleared my throat and fidgeted with my hands.

"I was held up at work and then there was traffic. I'm sorry." I said smiling nervously.

She looked at me and sighed, clenching her jaw.

"Do you have the papers I asked for?" She said folding her hands on the table.

I nodded my head and grabbed my bag as the waitress brought out chips and salsa.

"Are you guys ready to order or just drinks for now?" She asked

I went to speak and Blanco held up two fingers at me.

"I want a sprite. She'll have a lemonade and two steak burritos." She said grabbing both menus.

She handed them to the waitress and she took them nodding her head.

I grabbed the envelope with the clinic papers in them and slid them across the table.

"I could've ordered for myself. What if I didn't want that?" I asked crossing my arms across my chest.

She chuckled and took the envelope out of my hand opening it.

"Should've come earlier and maybe you could've had the privilege of being an adult. Only untrained children are late." She said pulling the papers out.