Chapter One

Maureen's POV-

When me and Joanne got back to her place, we kind of already knew what to do. She had left my clothes just the way they were before I left, so we both put on our pajamas and then got under the covers, and did what we hadn't done in so long; watch Netflix on her laptop under her bedsheets.

I know you were expecting something else, ya nasty. But it's true. We cuddled under the blankets and . . . touched, but that's it. We binged "Law and Order; SVU" for five hours straight and soon Joanne fell asleep.

So I paused Law and Order and put the laptop on her desktop, then uncovering her head so she could breathe and I got into bed myself. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer, and she groaned a little bit, but she soon leaned into my chest and wrapped her arms around me.

I played with her curly hair and breathed in her amazing smell for two hours until it felt like my eyelids had weights on them. Before completely shutting my eyes, I lied a kiss on Joanne's lips, and then her forehead. " Goodnight, Pookie. "

*Time Lapse*

When I woke up, I didn't wanna open my eyes, so I searched for Joanne with my hand, but I only felt her soft bed.

" Pookie? " I say aloud.

" In the kitchen! " Joanne replies almost immediately.

I rolled my eyes, not wanting to get up, but I resisted the urge of wrapping myself in my blanket and going back to sleep, so I could see Joanne. I got up and walked to the kitchen, where Joanne was making food that smelled delicious.

I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind, lying a small peck on the smooth skin just below her neck. I can feel her roll her eyes. " Good morning, Maureen. "

" Hey, baby. " I reply, letting her go and taking the milk from the fridge. I began drinking from the gallon and Joanne let the spatula fall on the pan just to put a hand on a hip and glare at me, all the while looking sexy as hell.

I kept on drinking until I felt fulfilled. I put the milk back in the fridge and walked past Joanne like I didn't know she was looking at me, and I began to make coffee.

" You know I hate it when you do that. " Joanne says.

" And you know I hate it when I don't get a kiss in the morning. " I reply, not making eye contact but continuing to make the coffee.

There was a silence for a second and then I was turned around quickly by Joanne and her lips were pressed on mine. She kissed me passionately, taking my breath away. She grabbed my legs and pushed me onto the counter, and she did it furiously, unlike she ever did.

Joanne stopped kissing me, and we were both panting heavily from barely getting any air breaks during the kiss, and the lower part of my face was red. When we were both mentally stable again, Joanne smirked at me. " Kissed like that? "

" Uh - - - yeah. Im-I'm surprised, that you were the one to be so - - - so furious. "

" But you loved it, right? "

" Baby, I get shivers when you put a hand on my shoulder, so yes. I loved it. "

Joanne smiled and starts to walk towards the stove again. " Eggs are gonna burn. "

I looked down at her ass, which looked so amazing in skinny jeans. She was wearing a white turtleneck/sweater with her light blue jeans and black Timberlands, with her hair the way she normally had it, while I was wearing sweatpants and a crop top that read " HARVARD" , with my hair in a messy bun and brown furry slippers.

" Who said you could stare at my ass? " Joanne asks, bringing me out of a trance. I hadn't even noticed that she had turned around and had a plate of scrambled eggs in her hands.

" What? " I say, looking up at her. She giggles lightly, warming my heart.

A sudden courage builds in me and after me and Joanne begin to eat, I look up at her chewing on her food and fiddling with her fork. She notices eyes on her and looks at me, and I quickly look back at my food.

We were sitting across from each other. " What? "

I look up at her, meeting her eyes this time. " What what? "

" Why were you looking at me? "

" Am I not allowed to look at the love of my life now? "

Joanne raises her eyebrows. " Love of your life, huh? "

" Oh, did I forget to tell you that I'm in love with you? "

" I guess you did. "

I smile at Joanne and she grins back. We go back to eating. But this time I say something. " Joanne. "

" Yeah, baby? " she replies quickly, still digging into her food.

" I have to speak with you about something. "

" You can tell me anything. "

I nod with a light smile. " I was thinking, since we never got to actually get married, why don't we? "

Joanne freezes. " Um, Maureen. I love you, honey, but I don't think we're ready for that just yet. "

I understood why she didn't wanna marry me yet, she couldn't trust me fully. But that doesn't mean that it didn't hurt a whole fuck lot.

" Of course. I understand completely where you're coming from, and I'm so sorry that you can't trust me." I say sincerely.

Joanne automatically looks sad right before I look down at my food and I don't eat, but just play with my food.

A few times I heard Joanne go to say something but she didn't. I didn't wanna eat." Excuse me, I've lost my appetite."

I run to the bathroom and lock the door behind me, sliding down the door with tears already flowing down my cheeks. I sob quietly enough for Joanne not to hear but loud enough for me to hear so that everytime I stopped thinking and actually heard myself, I wanted to cry even more.

Suddenly there's a knock on my door." Maureen, honey. Are you okay?"

I wipe the tears from my eyes." Of course, pookie. "

" Are you sure? I'm sorry if I made you feel bad by telling you we can't get married yet."

I didn't wanna say anything, so there was a silence.

" But our day will come. I promise you."

I bite my lip and smile, opening the door and pulling Joanne into an embrace.

" I know that it will. And that's because I love you. So much. "