Chapter Five

Joanne's POV

Two weeks later. . .

" Baby, wake up."

I open my eyes, only to see the beautiful face of Maureen. I sit up and accidentally hit her head, making both of us laugh." Sorry, baby."

" It's fine." Maureen says with the mesmerizing smile she normally wears. She kisses my forehead softly. " I'll see you later, gotta go to work. Don't you have to meet Viola for coffee today?"

" Uh, yeah. I forgot."

" Then get up, sleepyhead, and get ready."

I smile at Maureen and she leaves the room." Love you!" I hear her yell before the door shuts.

She normally doesn't go to work this early, but I wasn't complaining. I didn't have a court date today, so I was going to get coffee with Viola, like I did every three days or so now.

I got ready, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, and put on my normal skinny jeans and a black turtleneck with my jean jacket over it. I headed out and met Viola at the coffee shop. She saved us a table by the window, and I hugged her before sitting down with her.

" Hey, what's up?" I ask casually.

Viola smiles. She was beautiful. She was a brunette with stunning cocoa eyes and an amazing body. But Maureen is more beautiful. Maureen was kind of pale, so she had light spots on her face. Her smile was so amazing, and so were her greenish eyes. She had hair a little farther than her shoulders that was brown with blonde highlights and her body was really in shape.

" Nothing much, I mean if you call Netflix exciting, then yeah." she responds.

" Netflix is my life." I whisper and she laughs.

" I thought Maureen was."

I furrow my brows, and chuckle awkwardly. Why did she say that? Is she jealous?" Well, we are getting married."

Viola doesn't smile, just stares at me. She suddenly grabs my hand and I look down at it, then at her. I didn't know whether to move it or not. What was she doing?

" Leave Maureen. Come, run away with me."

It took me a second to process what she had just said, and after five seconds, I couldn't believe that I was even considering her offer. Maureen loves me, and I love her.

" I still love you, Joanne."

I take my hand out of hers." No. Maureen is the love of my life."

I run out of the coffee shop, and I run all the way home. When I get home, I stuff my face in a pillow.

Cooking relieves me, so I got up and started cooking. It was Friday, so Maureen wasn't getting home until nine or so. It was about seven, and I already had a whole meal put on the table. Suddenly, my phone vibrates. I take it out of my pocket to see that I had a message from Viola.

Hey, Joanne. I'm sorry about earlier. I was way out of line. But I need to speak to you, and it's something that I HAVE to say in person. Come over, please.

I sighed, and got on the train to Viola's house. When I got there, I knocked on her door, and she automatically opened it.

" Joanne. Come in, please."

I come in. Her house was incredible. I followed her to her extremely comfortable couch where we sat down.

" I have to talk to you about Maureen."

" Look, I already told you that I love her too much to just lea- - -"

" No, I know. Okay, you see how I told you that Emma was my neighbor?"