Chapter Seven

Maureen's POV

I chased Joanne all the way to her apartment, which was only three blocks away. When I got there, the door was locked, so I knocked.

She didn't open." Jo, open up, please."

Joanne cracks open the door slowly. I push it open with a little more force and she was standing there, looking beautiful as ever. I closed the door behind me and smirked at her. " It's okay. I love you, you can trust me."

I connected our lips, and it was magic, just like every other time I kissed her. I picked her up, holding on to under her thighs, and we fell onto the couch so that she was on bottom. My hands roamed her body just like hers did to mine, and I loved it.

" Be mine again." I tell her when she begins to kiss my neck. She waits a little before she answers.

" I never stopped." she replies, barely removing her mouth from my neck when she said it. I smiled and pulled her away from my neck so that her lips were on mine again.

I wanted to, so badly, but I had to make sure that Joanne wanted to take this all the way so she wouldn't have any regrets afterwards.

" Joanne." I say, stopping her. She looked concerned.

" What's wrong?"

" Nothing. I just wanna make sure that your absolutely ready for this."

" We've done this before, Maureen."

" I know, but so much has happened in the past weeks, and I need to know if your still sure about this. About us."

Joanne shifts her arms so that our faces were barely centimeters apart." I've never been more sure."

I smiled at Joanne and kept kissing her. Soon, she pushed me so that we were sitting up and she took off my shirt. She stared at me." I almost forgot how hot you were, baby."

I chuckle. " I'll make sure you don't forget again, okay?"

Joanne nods, and I take off her shirt, and we lay down again. What happened next was history in a few hours, and the best history ever.

Six months later. . .

I pulled Joanne under the mistletoe, which she didn't know was there. " Kiss me."

" Why?" Joanne replies.

" Because. . . We're under the mistletoe!" I exclaim with a squeal, pointing up.

Joanne glares at me." Fine."

Joanne leans in to kiss me, but I stop her." Wait."

She rolls her eyes, but joy takes over her face when I take the small box that I had bought a month ago out of my pocket." The amount of times I've asked you to marry me are unbelievable, and yet we're still not married. So, Joanne Jefferson, I promise you this is the last time I'll ask you to marry me. Here goes nothing."

I get on a knee and open the box." Will you marry me?"

Joanne smiles at me." Yes."

She doesn't need to help me up this time. I already knew the drill. I helped myself up and kissed Joanne deeply, wrapping my arms around her waist.

What did I do to get this flawless human as my girlfriend? Well, fiancee, now.

When Joanne stopped kissing me, I still held onto her waist." That kiss was for asking you to marry me. Now you have to kiss me again because we're under the mistletoe."

Joanne laughs at me kisses me lightly again. I smile brightly at her.

After four months of crucial planning for the wedding. . .