Chapter Ten

"My father abused me as well."

 Elliot admitted. He didn't want to receive a pity party from her, all he wanted was to let her known that he understood a bit of where she was coming from and that she definitely was not alone in all of this. As he heard her story however, he couldn't help but be saddened for her. Everything that happened in her life, she just seemed to get the short stick of things. All the way from her mother, to her past lovers.

"Oh El," Olivia didn't even know where to begin with that one.

Bowing his head a bit, he decided that it was only fair to tell his story, since she revealed everything about her life story to him, someone she hasn't known long but has become comfortable enough with him to trust him with this new found information. He couldn't seem to understand how her mother could ever blame her. There is no way that it could ever be her fault. In his head, he couldn't fathom how someone could carry a child for nine months, and then once born stare into new born innocence and proclaim them to be a monster, although he guess he couldn't understand everyone's mind sets towards every subject. Coughing a bit, he decided that he'd been silent a second to long and needed to come clean.

" My mother suffers from Bipolar disorder. Some days can be completely normal and you would have never assumed that anything could've been wrong. Then on other days, it was almost as if her kids no longer existed to her. She refused to take her meds on certain days, refusing to believe that anything was wrong with her. I remember one time when I was 7, she woke me in the middle of the night asking if I wanted to go chase snowflakes with her. Being that young, I didn't really no how to refuse, plus the idea of hanging out with my mom, didn't seem all that bad, that was until I realize that by her stating that she wanted to chase snowflakes, she meant chasing them in a car while there was a blizzard outside. She kept driving faster and faster no matter how much I tried to beg her to stop, it was like, she blocked out

Her hearing and was crazed on catching the crystal flurries. By the time that she finally cleared her head, we had crashed into a poll, totaling the car, I ended up having a bruised face, and a broken arm." Staring off into space I remember that night that made me scared to ever enter a car with my mother ever again. Within the time of him talking, Olivia had scooted closer, laying her head down in his lap, finding comfort in him talking, sharing everything about his childhood making her feel, in a way less lonely.

After pausing and running his fingers through her hair, he continued, " When I was in the Fifth grade, my teacher had assigned us to do a Diorama out of a shoe box, and I had asked my Father to help me with the project. He agreed to help me with it, and we ended up working on it well into the night. I ended up re positioning one of the trees that we had placed and he found out about it, and he-" Pausing getting a little choked up, remembering that night, remembering how much pain I was in, and how upset I was. "He beat me, with his belt stating that I was ungrateful, and a fuck up, and once he finished with me, he grabbed my project and stomped all over the project causing me to get an 'F' on that assignment." Looking down Elliot could see that there were tears brimming her eyes. Realizing that he had stopped talking, Olivia sat up, and wiped the tears that were currently brimming her eyes, before looking down smiling a bit.

" I guess we are both broken, aren't we?"

Letting out a sad chuckled, Elliot nodded his head, " I guess we are aren't we?" Olivia looked up from twiddling with her fingers.

"Well, if it makes anyone feel better, I'm glad to be broken with you." Olivia giggled. Elliot relaxed at hearing her laugh. With that, he knew that she would be alright, but that did not stop him from wondering what happened. He knew that with all the heavy talk they had, that he should probably avoid talking about it for a minute, but, he also really wanted to know what happened, what caused her to scream, and what other damage there was. By the giant bruise on her face, and busted lip, that was now starting to swell a bit, he knew that it would pain him to hear the details. Lifting his hands towards her face, He stroked the forming bruise on her cheek as she leaned into the touch.