A Big Heart (Medic)

Photo Header by Me!

Another day at the fort. Today's ceasefire day so i woke up kinda late cause i got tired from the last fight. Good thing is that Soldier did not wake me up real early in the morning..

Wait.. He did not..?

I quickly rose up and changed clothes.

Why though..?

This is not a usual ceasefire day. Soldier always wake me up early in the morning to get some training. I go to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Then i quietly opened my door, took my head out to look around.

Where is everyone..?

I walked slowly to the kitchen and then i heard a door open. It stopped me at my tracks. I hear loud chatter and laughter.

Oh.. They had a meeting without me.. I
think. Great.

I continued walking until Dell greeted me. "Good morning, missy!" I smiled. "Mornin' Dell!" I grabbed a piece of bread and a cup of coffee. Then i sat at a chair. "It's.. uh.. Valentine's Day and Soldier permited us to.. return home and see our wives." Dell said. "Oh okay..." I said. "Welp, see ya later, kiddo." Dell said, waving goodbye. The others waved goodbye too. "You're just awake now, maggot!?" I heard Soldier scream the last. "S-sorry.." I stuttered. "Good for you, maggot, i.. uh.. have to go." Soldier said, flushed as he walked away.

Neat.

Now, i was left there alone. "Cool, now im alone.. I can do whatever i wan-"
"Nope!" Jeremy said, running to grab a Bonk!.

Oh god no.

"Just kiddin'. I have a date with femscout." Jeremy said with a grin in his stupid face. "Oh cool, i guess. Hope you don't ruin your date just like the others." I said sarcastically. Jeremy frowned. "Pff. Whatever." And then he walked away. I laughed.

Now it's just me, alone with everything.
I smiled as i thought of that. Until i heard footsteps coming in. "(Y/N)? Are zou not off with your.. uh.. lover?" A german said. I know that's Joseph. "I don't have a boyfriend, Joseph." I said plainly. "How about you..? Do you have a.." "Nein." Joseph replied quickly.

Huh.. I always thought he had a wife..

Joseph sat next to me with a mug of coffee in his hand. I saw him writing something on his paper. Another footsteps came. I looked at the direction of footsteps and saw Pyro getting ready for a date. "Go Pyro!" I said smiling at him. "Hudda! Hudda!!" He said loudly and then he walked away. "Wow.. Almost all of our team are out today.." I said. I received a 'mmhm' from Joseph. "Oh wait, I have something to show you." He stood. I followed. His direction leads to his medical lab.

What is going on?

I looked at him with confusion. "I.. uh.. stay there and close your eyes, fräulein." He said. I nodded and followed him. I closed my eyes and heard rummaging. "Dont worry about zhe noise." He said. The rummaging stopped. "Now.. slowly open your eyes." He said. I followed. I cant believe what my eyes saw.

A big heart?

The heart is still beating. It glows inside. The veins are alive and still running with blood.

"(Y/N).. I like you. You were very nice to me since you joined here. Your kindness. Your laughter. Your smile. Your sillyness. It's just everything. You're just everything. You helped me and the whole team. You changed my whole life to a new perspective." He said, flushed. He looked away, thinking i might refuse his feelings. "Joseph.. I.. like you too." I said, grabbing the big heart. "R-really?" He looked at me, a glint of happiness in his eyes. I nodded, almost tripping the heart. Joseph gasped and supported the heart. He put the heart aside and then removed his gloves. He grabbed my cheek and looked at my eyes. His soft blue eyes melted me.

He's.. wow..

Then our lips met. I felt his warm soft lips and i tasted the coffee. He put his freehand on my hair, making the kiss deeper. I put my hands around his neck. "Mmh.. (Y/N).." Joseph sighed. Then our lips parted, needing air. We both panted softly for air. I hugged Joseph, making him surprised. He hugged back, holding my hair. "I love you, Joseph." "I love you too, liebling."

This feels like forever.