Chapter Three: Welcome Home?

You were so caught up in the cheesy movie moment of having a "family", that you forgot one very important detail.

"Wait a minute, what do you guys even do? Do you have jobs?" you asked.

Sam and Dean shared a glance before looking at the floor.

"It's, well-uh, you see," Sam tried to explain.

"It's complicated." Dean interrupted.

"You aren't unemployed are you?" you inquired.

"Not really, but our jobs, as you say, aren't really well-known?" Sam said, questioning his choice of words.

"I'll break it down for ya, plain and simple." Dean began.

"You know those monsters in your closet that you were afraid of when you were little? And your parents would say that it was always just nothing?"

"I have no parents." you stated in a flat voice.

"Oh, right. My bad." Dean said, awkwardly clearing his throat.

"The thing is, those things are real. Our job is to kill them."

"You're kidding me, right?" you said, not believing a word, but somehow thinking he was telling the truth.

"I wish I was kidding. Everything you've read about, vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, even demons. They're all real." Dean emphasized.

You blinked and thought quietly for a moment.

"So, if demons are real," you began. "Then angels are too, right?"

"Well, yeah. We've actually met some." Sam said.

"Really! That's so cool!" you exclaimed. "Can I meet them?"

"Probably not," Dean muttered. "Most of them are douchebags."

"Oh." you said, slightly disappointed.

"Anyway, back onto the subject," Sam interjected. "You aren't like, totally freaked out by this are you?"

"Not that much." you said nonchalantly.

"Wow, I'm impressed. Most people have either run away screaming or fainted by now." Dean chuckled.

"Well, obviously, I'm not most people." you retorted with a grin. "But I'm still wondering, you said most angels are douchebags. Which means not all of them are. So you have to know at least one nice angel, right?"

"Well," Dean said, shifting from one foot to the other. "There is one, actually."

"What's her name?" you inquired.

"His name, actually, is Castiel." Sam corrected.

"Can I meet him?" you asked.

"Dang, you're seriously like a hyperactive 5 year old with all these questions!" Dean laughed.

"Sorry, it's just, I've never met an angel before." you said excitedly.

"There's a lot of things you haven't met." Sam whispered, mostly to himself.

"So when can I meet Castiel? Right now?" you asked one question right after the other.

"Slow down kiddo. He'll be here soon enough." Dean said.

He took a step back and looked at the ceiling.

"Hey Cas, can you come here for a sec? We've got someone who really wants to meet you." He shot you a wink.

You giggled and waited, shivering with anticipation.

A strange, flapping noise suddenly filled your ears.

"Hello Dean."

You heard a voice from right directly behind you. You screamed and whipped around.

"Calm down (Y/n)! It's okay!" Sam said, trying to keep you from punching the angel in the face.

"Oh, sorry." you breathed. "You scared me."

"My apologies (Y/n)." Castiel said.

He was tall, not as tall as Sam, but still taller than you, and he was wearing a tan trench coat with a suit underneath.

Strange outfit for an angel. You thought, your eyes scanning over him.

He had messy black hair and his eyes were a vibrant blue that was very pretty to look at.

"Wait, how do you know my name?" you asked, suddenly remembering.

"I would assume it is because Sam addressed you using that name, and you acknowledged him." Castiel stated.

"Fair enough." you shrugged and tilted your head. "So you're Castiel?"

"I am. But Sam and Dean have chosen to call me Cas, which you are welcome to do as well." he nodded.

"But, if you're an angel, don't you have wings and a halo? Or even a harp?"

At that moment, Dean stifled a laugh.

Cas sighed and said, "Unlike the stereotype that you are familiar with, angels do not carry harps with them. I do, however, have wings, but you are unable see them."

"Oh." you said, nodding even though you didn't quite understand.

Cas' head shot up for a second. He turned to the three of you.

"I have to go. There is business I must tend to."

You blinked your eyes and the angel was gone.

"He just left without saying goodbye?" you asked.

"He does that." Sam said.

You yawned, feeling a wave of exhaustion flood over your body.

"I'm sleepy. Can I go to bed?" you asked, looking at the boys.

"Of course!" Dean said. "You don't have to ask for permission to sleep."

"Okay. Goodnight then." you mumbled as the boys nodded at you.

You shuffled back to the room you were staying in and looked to the corner. There was a bed there that had a patchy quilt thrown over it and a pillow. You grabbed your backpack and pulled out your stuffed animal, laying it down on the bed.

You took your shoes off and flopped down on the mattress. It was extremely fluffy compared to the cot you had at the children's home. You bounced on it a bit before eventually laying down.

You tossed and turned for a while, unused to the softness, before you decided to sleep on the floor. You pulled the blanket and pillow down with you and curled up, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Yay! Another chapter done! I spent a while on it but eventually got it to where I liked it. Enjoy!

~Lilly