Chapter Twelve: Help

A dull, pounding ache in your head woke you from unconsciousness. You opened your eyes to find yourself tied to a chair in the middle of a dark building.

How cliche, You thought, looking around the room. There was no light of any kind except for the single light fixture that was hanging above you.

Tugging against your restraints, you yelled out into the darkness. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

"Oh I'm here, alright."

You turned your head to see Garrett, emerging from the shadows.

"You!" you growled, jerking towards him violently, the ropes keeping you from going anywhere.

"Me? What about me? This is about you." he replied, slowly circling around you.

Creepy bastard.

"How is this about me?" you asked growing more and more angry with him for kidnapping you, but also yourself for getting into this mess.

"Well, you see, this town was so boring! There was absolutely no drama, nothing interesting, everyone's brains were basically dry already. I needed something to happen, so I killed them." Garrett spoke.

You furrowed your brows. Killed? What are you talking about?

Almost as if he read your mind, he answered, "I wasn't the McBride's son, the McBrides don't even have children. This whole town is hallucinating for my benefit! I made them all think that I was shy, innocent Garrett McBride, because who would suspect him for his parent's murder?"

You looked at him, confused. "And I'm a part of this, how exactly?"

"Well, when you and your 'brothers' showed up, I had to put a hold on my plans. It's quite obvious what you are. Hunters, in my town, trying to kill me."

"But why did you kill them? What did they do to deserve it?" you asked.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing. But I have to feed somehow. And, like I said, this town was just so dull, but I didn't want to leave, so I had to do something to increase the brain activity."

You searched your brain, trying to think of what he could possibly mean, when it hit you.

"You're a wraith, aren't you!" you hissed vehemently.

"Ding ding ding! We have a winner! You know, you really shouldn't trust strangers too much," he replied. "Why, all I had to do was smile, and then, one touch and you were mine."

You thought back to the library when he helped you up. Dang it.

"So you gave me the nightmares? Were you the voice in my head, too?" you inquired.

Garrett nodded, seemingly proud of himself. "I had to do something to make you scared. That makes the tastiest hormones in the brain, besides dopamine of course, but you already had some of that."

You growled at him under your breath, feeling the exhaustion catching up.

He leaned down towards you and a spike shot out of his wrist. "Now, you already know what this does, so how about we just make this quick, huh?"

The spike got closer to your neck, and you began struggling against yours bonds. "When my brothers find you, you're gonna get your ass kicked." you spat.

"Now, where did a little girl like you hear such language?" Garrett smirked. "Nobody's going to find me, I made sure of that. And don't worry your pretty little head, your brothers are next."

The tip of the spike pressed against the skin behind your ear and you jerked your head away. He frowned and smacked you in the face.

"Hold still, or else I'll kill you first, and that won't be any fun." he growled menacingly.

You spit in his face. "Screw you."

Grabbing your hair, he slammed your head back in the chair. "Fine, if you want to do this the hard way."

He inserted the spike in your neck and you arched your back in pain, screaming and thrashing about. You could feel it being pushed deeper into your skull, and your vision grew fuzzy as you wailed and begged him to stop.

"Isn't this fun?" Garrett whispered in your ear, making you shudder.

You were barely conscious when you felt the spike being ripped from your neck, and your head fell back limply.

You felt hands press against your cheeks and then your neck, and you heard muffled talking and yelling.

Opening your eyes with all the strength you could muster, you saw Sam scrambling for something to defend himself, and Dean, who was beating the crap out of Garrett.

Trying as hard as you could, you managed to make a tired squeak, hurting your already hoarse vocal chords

Dean stopped and handed a knife to Sam, before running over to you. You saw Sam finish the job, and Dean knelt down next to you, untying the ropes that were holding you down.

As soon as the ropes were loosened, you fell forward, not even having enough strength to hold yourself up. Dean caught you in his arms and looked you over, searching for any other wounds.

You whimpered in pain as you were moved about, and Dean began comforting you.

"Shh, shh, it's okay sweetheart. I know it hurts, but we've got to get you outta here."

Sam walked over and put his hand on Dean's shoulder. "Is there anything else we need to take care of?"

"Nothing besides her neck, but we gotta get her somewhere safe." Dean answered.

You turned your head slightly and mumbled something inaudible.

"What was that?" Sam asked, leaning closer so he could hear you.

"I said I'm sorry." you repeated, stray tears making their way down your face.

"(Y/n), we know you are but we can talk about this later, it wasn't your fault."

You tried to protest, but no sound would come out, so you just shook your head.

Dean propped you up as best as he could without hurting you.

"Listen (Y/n), and listen closely. If it was anybody's fault, it was mine and Sam's for letting you go by yourself. We figured out what had happened right after we found out you were gone, and it isn't your fault. Wraith's have caused me and Sam to hallucinate too, so you aren't to blame."

You tried your best to speak, but the straining just brought dark splotches into your vision. Remembering how scared you were while you were knocked out, you grabbed onto Dean's jacket.

"Don't let it take me." You forced out as you slumped against him. Dean picked you up and walked outside placing you gently in the backseat of the Impala.

"It's okay, nothing's going to take you ever again. Not on my watch."

Whew! Here you go! Sorry that took so long, I've been having trouble figuring out what to do with this story. Feel free to suggest anything! ;)

~Lilly