Chapter Ten: Searching

Warning: depictions of suicide

After giving Dean the silent treatment until the next morning, you finally asked him, "What are we doing today?"

He turned to you. "Finally talking, I see. Anyway, we're going to go talk to some more of the McBride's pals, see if we can dig anything useful up."

You perked up slightly at the mention of the name. Even if you wouldn't ever admit it, you did "kinda" like Garrett.

"Alright, cool." you said, turning to Sam. "Can I go hang out at the library? I could see if Garrett's there and maybe talk to him about his parents."

Dean sighed and muttered, "Dang, you're obsessed."

"Am not." you mumbled back, though he didn't hear you.

You climbed into the backseat, which you had claimed as your "road trip nest". You had all your books where you could reach them, a perfect view of the outside from the opposite window, and you were still able to see both Sam and Dean. Plus, you had snatched a pillow from the motel, to Dean's amusement, so you could lay across the seats and sleep if you got tired.

As you watched the scenery pass by, you thought to yourself. I might actually miss this town. It's nice. Your face hardened slightly as your conscience argued with you.

You mean, you'll miss Garrett because he's nice.

That's not what I meant.

Oh come on, don't lie. You know you like him. I mean, those eyes, the hair, not to mention that jawline! You could cut yourself if you smacked him!

Seriously, shut up. I've gotten enough from Sam and Dean about it already.

Why are you telling me to shut up? I'm basically you, ya know.

"Everything okay back there, kiddo?"

A voice brought you out of your silent argument. You looked around, confused. "Huh?"

"Well, you looked mad about something, so I figured I'd ask." Dean was wondering.

I must have been making expressions while I was thinking! You realized and mentally facepalmed.

"I'm okay, just thinking."

About Garrett.

SHUT UP!

You felt the Impala stop, and you looked up. You were at the library?

"Why are we here?" you asked, looking between the two.

"Well, you wanted to come here, so are you getting out or not?" Sam replied to your delight.

You reached up to the front seat and hugged them both, before opening your door.

"Thanks guys!" you exclaimed as you shut the door and jogged up to the library entrance.

You pulled open the heavy, oak door and went inside. You deeply inhaled the smell of old books.

I love this place. You thought to yourself.

You made a beeline for the teen section and walked around a bit, before finding the book you had left by accident. You sat down in a corner and opened the book.

Half an hour later, you were fully immersed in the book, reading about a wizard, little people, elves, and a magic ring. You decided you liked this book a lot.

You suddenly got the feeling someone was watching you. You looked around but saw no one. Feeling a bit cautious, you marked your page and went to the bathroom.