~Mi Amor~

*Play Song*

"Agh, tramposo! (You cheater)" The man wearing a black scarf exclaims, despite it being 90 degrees and humid. 

"Ah, Zane..." Ein exhales, pulling in the central pot of coins onto his side of the table, his winning hand of cards fanned out on the table for the whole world to see. "You just don't know to bluff. Or play, for that matter."

"Bullshit." Zane spits, other men who were lounging nearby chuckling at the exchange. 

"Speaking of shit, heard your brother was in town, Ro'maeve." Ein oddly segues, dealing the next hand. 

Zane's focus doesn't leave his cards. "And?"

"It will not be a problem...will it?" Ein questions, chucking a wad of cash into the pot, the air in the room tense.

"He's not my brother. No habra problemas (there will be no problems)" Zane states coldly, raising Ein's bet with another wad of cash that would make many people in Phoenix Drop very anxious. 

Ein's mischievous smirk makes an appearance, indicating to all that he had many tricks up his sleeves to come. "We'll see. Welcome to your first test."

Gunfire steals Zane's attention as it rings out distantly, and when he looks back to Ein, he was gone. 

*

"Mija, we've talked about this."

"Well, we're talking about it again." Aphmau insists, placing a soft taco in front of her son, kissing him on the head momentarily before getting her father's taco.

"Is it your mother's time of the month, Andre?" Zack whispers, clearly not quietly enough. 

"No, abuelo." Andre says innocently, Aphmau close to bursting behind him. 

"Papá!"  Aphmau exclaims with rage but then takes a brief breath before continuing calmly. "Papá...Phoenix Drop is in shambles. Every single day, there are overdoses and people dying...because of you!"

Zack sits back in his chair, chewing his taco slowly, eyeing his daughter carefully. 

It was dead silent for about a minute before Ein enters the kitchen, followed by Laurence and Dante, who were two of Zack's henchmen, breaking the tension-filled silence. 

So this is an AU so people may act differently than how they do in MS, and Ein and Aphmau are not related. Oh and I'm about to piss all of you off.

"Mi amor, bella como siempre....(My love, beautiful as always)" Ein greets, kissing Aphmau briefly, a small smile at her lips. 

It gets worse....

"Papá!" Andre exclaims, dismounting his seat to run to his father, Ein scooping the boy up in his arms, launching him in the air with caution for the height of the ceiling. 

"Andre! Eating mamá's tacos?" Ein asks, setting his son back in his dining chair, sneaking a taste at the scrumptious delicacy. 

"Sí papá, she did not burn them this time!" Andre exclaims, smiling his mother's warm smile. Andre definitely took more after his mother, thank Irene. 

The group laughs at the little one, before Ein gestures for Andre to leave. Aphmau takes him out to the front yard with their tacos, letting the men talk about things she has tried her whole life to disassociate from. 

"We may be in deep shit, boss......" Laurence heaves, his voice obviously damaged from years of booze and smoke inhalation. 

"What did you fuckers do this time...." Zack exhales, the air filled with puffs of toxicity. 

Ein shares a quick nervous glance with the other two, before reluctantly saying: "They got Zane....."

*

"Zane....you got to work with me here...." Travis pleads, sitting opposite Zane in a relatively empty interrogation room. A singular bright lamp hanging limply over a metal table and two chairs sitting opposite each other. Zane in one and Travis in the other. 

"I don't know anything about The Phoenix or any of this bullshit!" Zane shouts, his eyes bulging with frustration, his movements restricted by the shrieking cuffs at his wrists. 

Travis runs a tired hand through his hair, adjusting his polo shirt as he speaks into a microphone at his collar. "He's not budging, Aaron."

Aaron, slumps in his chair in his office, sending a look Garroth's way, Garroth shaking his head in response.

"I'm sorry Garroth--" 

"No, I get it. Guess I'm getting that family reunion I wished for."

Have a nice day my crystals!