~Gunfire~

*Play Song*

I never really liked gunfire.....Aphmau thought. 

You might say, no one really likes gunfire, but in reality, gunfire can get what you want very quickly and very easily. 

Sometimes we don't realize how easy it is to die....that all it does is the take is the pulling of a trigger for a whole person's life to just fade away just as fast as they were here. 

It's scary as fucking hell....and I never thought....just how much I will hate...gunfire...

"BAJAR BAJAR BAJARRRR!!! (Get (go) down x3)" Zack yells as everyone falls from their chairs to the floor for cover, the air ringing with gunfire. 

The men armed themselves with nearby weapons to fire back, getting to their positions as all havoc broke out. 

"Katelyn, lleva a Aphmau y Andre a los camiones, ve rápido! (Take Aphmau and Andre to the trucks, go fast)" Zack commands, a constant volley of metal shooting from each side. Drywall fluttering down like confetti from where the bullets penetrated the walls. 

"Aphmau, let's go!" Katelyn grasps Aphmau's forearm tightly, as Aphmau carried a crying Andre in the other. Laurence covers them as they run through the extensive hallways, Katelyn equipped with her own handgun. 

Vases broke and paintings shredded against the gunfire, Aphmau's ears numb from the constant blaring, miraculously getting through unscathed.

Katelyn, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky. 

It all happened in a second, you never really understand just how lethal and just how quick bullets are till you see them enter a person you love. And even then, it doesn't sink in.

Katelyn doesn't even have time to scream as she collapses to the ground, bringing Aphmau down with her. At first annoyed, Aphmau looks to scold her best friend, only to see the bloody circular gap in her forehead, her eyes frozen in time, her lips ajar as if she was in the midst of that very scream. 

Aphmau finishes that very scream, doubling over at the horrendous site, a pool of velvet liquid generating at her head. 

"Ka-telyn....Kate...lyn....." Aphmau manages out from behind trembling lips, paying no mind to the still current gunfire. Unable to comprehend her basically sister's state. 

"Mama? Mama, we gotta go...." A small voice squeaks, one Aphmau had momentarily forgotten about. 

Aphmau looks to her 5-year-old son, bloodshot eyes surprisingly not scaring the little one, as he had seen it many times before. 

Aphmau stifles her sobs as she picks her son back up, barely able to stand as her legs buckled with weakness, continuing on their route, the battle still raging on. Aphmau looking back one last time to her best friend sprawled on the floor before exiting the house to the trucks. 

She opens the driver's seat door, first placing Andre in the passenger seat before sitting down herself, starting up the roaring engine with shaky fingers. Some bullets find their way into the side of the car, one or two spider-webbing the glass causing Aphmau to shriek some more. The glass finally fully breaking just as she pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road. 

The car skids down the dirt road as the sound of gunfire fades from their ears, Aphmau finally able to take a breather, wiping with her sleeve messily the tears from her face. 

"Is Auntie Katelyn dead?"

Aphmau doesn't look away from the road, gulping down her sobs. "What is that, precious?"

"Is Auntie Katelyn in heaven?" Andre whispers, his ears probably still numb from the encounter as well. 

Aphmau, unable to deal with protecting her son from the cruel ways of life at the moment, speaks the truth. "Yes, son...Auntie Katelyn went to heaven...."

"Is heaven...nice?" 

"So I've heard...." 

"Good...I think I see it now...."

"What...." Aphmau turns her head to see a horrifying site. She hadn't even noticed the blood until then.

"ANDRE!"  She screams as she pulls over aggressively to the side of the road, bringing the truck to a startling halt as she scoops her bleeding son in her arms, bringing him out to the side of the road to get a good look at the wound.

Two shots to the lower abdomen, both still bleeding profusely and look like they had been for a while. Aphmau, still in denial, places two hands to pressure the wound, not as effective as she would have hoped since the blood still filtered between the gaps of her fingers. 

"Mama...." Andre whispers, going in and out of consciousness, the color draining from his usually tan, joyful face. 

"You're okay Andre baby....you'll be okay, Mama's got you...."

"Hey!"

Aphmau has the person who yelled at gunpoint so fast it scared Aaron himself. With the gun from her late best friend, she aims the dangerous weapon at the DEA agent, her dying child at her knees.

And had she known....this man....would change her life...forever.

Have a nice day my crystals!