~Visit~

*Play Song*

The words of the doctor keep ringing in Aphmau's ears...

"There is nothing much more we can do for him....but sit back and wait for a miracle...."

A miracle....god please give this girl a miracle.

And you must remember, this wasn't modern times, and with the added evil of the growing poverty in Phoenix Drop, medical care wasn't exactly at it's finest. 

It had been only a week since the attack, Andre's admission to the hospital and since Dr. Teony had laid on the inevitable news. It didn't matter what strings Zack could pull even if he was in contact with Aphmau, there is only so much money and imposed fear can do. 

Although closely monitored by the watchful eyes of the DEA, Aphmau knew it wouldn't be long till her father launched a counterattack on whoever it was that killed Katelyn, fatally wounded Andre, and who knows how many more. 

Aaron had been checking in daily on the terminally ill child and distraught mother, trying to peck carefully at the hornet's nest which was the darkness of Phoenix Drop, hopeful that one of these days, he'll find a worthwhile crack. 

As said before, Aphmau had not been in contact with her father for the past week, or really at all with the outside world. The DEA doesn't allow her to even watch the news to try and distract her from the nightmare she was living. A nightmare she had been wishing her whole life to wake up from. 

Because she has not been conversing with The Phoenix, money was starting to become an overlooked issue as Andre's medical bills have been piling up and Aphmau wasn't planning anytime soon to be accepting charity from the police. Her father would kill her right as she reached for the pen. 

Don't believe me? Better start. 

*

"That's pretty terrible." Aphmau states, showing her extent of joy at the moment with a slight smile.

"Oh, it gets worse. Sometimes—and when I say that I mean most of the time—she got so mad at me, I would have to cook for myself."

"Not from the most practical family either huh?" Aphmau jokes, grasping the warm teacup tightly as if to force some warmth into her ironically chilled body. 

"You could say that Mom and Dad were never really good parents and my sister wasn't exactly the best of substitutes....but I made due." Aaron drops his gaze, momentarily focused on the anxious fidgeting done by his fingertips. "I had to. It made me the person I am."

Aaron raises his gaze once more, locking it with Aphmau, his bold black eyes piercing hers. "But your childhood....your life...you don't just go through something like that and come out the same person."

"You...." Aphmau growls, tensing up at his comment. "...don't know my life."

"Maybe...or maybe I might just do." 

"You people...think you can just waltz in here and--"

"You think it's so hard to tell who gave you that bruise on your cheek...or these?" Aaron quickly and gently grasps Aphmau's forearm just fast enough to overturn it and reveal faded bruises which to the naked eye seemed like nothing...

When it was everything....

"Aphmau...you don't have to live like this."

She struggles slightly at his grip, trying to escape the truth once more because she fears the risk of actually accepting it. 

"They aren't good people....they've hurt you before."

"They're my family! They are....my..."

"They won't hesitate to do it again....come to Falconclaw."

"What?...." Aphmau's voice reduces to a whisper in shock, her eyes widened at his words.

"You can start a new life there, you and Andre....he can get the medical care he....needs...." Aaron tries to hide as best as he can his doubts with his last remark, based off Andre's recent state. 

Aphmau doesn't speak, just trying to search the man desperately with her eyes to see and find any clue that he was lying, or that this was all just a big trick. Because it had to be, it just....had to be.

"You, yourself know most of all just how much your father has doomed Phoenix Drop.....there is nothing more for you here...."

"Aaron what are you doing......" Aphmau says, fully aware she had just said his name, but she was too much in denial to think much of it at the moment. 

"Help us get him....help us avenge you and the many lives that he has ruined....and in return....we'll give you a new life.....a better one...."

Aphmau merely shakes her head, looking at Aaron with sad knowing eyes, looking at a man she knew had no idea what he was talking about. 

She doesn't allow herself to dwell on the thought, immediately rejecting his offer, either out of loyalty or fear. At this point, she didn't really know the difference. 

"Aphmau...."

"No....t-that isn't me....I don't deserve a life like that...."

"Well, no one deserves the life you have either....consider it...."

Just then, it became apparent to both that Aaron still had a gentle grip on Aphmau's forearm. 

Aphmau pulls away, Aaron does not.

The silence in the air is deafening and promising, the only sound being the steady beeping of the heart monitor and the whistling of the Phoenix Drop wind. 

Well, then there was this other sound, you know, just Aaron's lips locking with Aphmau's.

Just that small little detail. 

Have a nice day my crystals!