Clover loves Ice Cream (Chapter 2)

From now on, bold text will indicate that which is required for a stage. It will also indicate which messages are mine. (Don't worry, I won't be providing author commentary or anything like that. (Seriously though, whoever thought of that idea is the worst.) But the text will provide for a twist later on that I want to be set up as perfectly as possible.)

Stage:

Green Greens

Characters:

Kirby (Clover)

Mario (Max)

Pikachu (Dexter)

VS.

King Dedede w/ Bandana Waddle Dee (Spirit)

Kirby dashes towards King Dedede, avoiding Bandana Waddle Dee's spear strike, and tries to copy his special move. But unfortunately for Kirby, Mario was intent on getting to him first.

Max: Augh! Clover, why did you suck me up? I'm not your enemy, he is!

Clover: I was trying to suck him up, not you. But you just HAD to get in my way, didn't you?

Max: Why do we even have friendly-fire on anyways? Because I for one, vote that we should-

Dexter: Ugh! Why do you always have to complain about everything? We BOTH know that we keep the default rule-set on because that is what they'll be using at the tournament. Duh.

Max: Hey! You don't get to talk down to me! I'm the one who signed us up, and I can resign us just as easily.

Pikachu Techs off the newly re-spawned wall, and side B's into Bandana Waddle Dee who strikes the bomb piece, sending him flying.

Dexter: Oh, we all know you won't. This tournament is too important to you...It's important to all of us.

Clover: Yeah! So you need to stop being a big meanie all the time. If you don't, I'll come over to your house and haunt you for the rest of your life.

Max: Huh?

Clover: Don't think I won't! I'm very serious.

Dexter: Uh, Clover? Only ghosts can haunt people.

Clover: Than I'll just become one!

Dexter: NO! I mean, um...you shouldn't do that Clover. I'm sure that Max is going to come to his senses soon, right Max?

Max: What? Oh, yeah sure, I'll stop complaining or whatever.

Clover: Yay! We should go out to celebrate. We'll go get pizza, play at the arcade, and watch a movie-(Gasp!)-and go get ice cream!

Max: No! We need to be practicing for the tournament, not wasting our time on meaningless activities that won't even-

Dexter: Eh-hem!

Mario, having not moved for over half a minute, lost his third stock, prompting Kirby to use her taunt.

Max: How about I just order pizza and we can hang out at my house for the night? I'm sure if we look hard enough there will be some ice cream left.

Clover: Really? It'll be like a sleepover! We can sleep on the floor and share scary stories around the house-fire...

Clover continues to babble on as Max decides to mute her for the moment.

Max: Did she just call my fireplace a "House-Fire" or am I just crazy?

Dexter: Wait, you're inviting her, I mean, us to come to your place? Are you high? That's not the Max I know.

Max: Maybe I'm just feeling generous today. And hey wait, didn't you want me to do that?

Dexter: I wanted you to not make the little girl cry but sure, whatever.

Max: You know what? I'm gonna invite everyone!

Dexter: Wait, everyone lives that close to you? That can't be right. I thought you just grabbed anyone you could find for the tournament?

Max: Okay, Dex...I didn't just grab anyone, I purposefully gathered only the most competent gamers in my area so we could practice without issue. And further more, Clover is actually the one who lives the farthest away from me, but I'm sure she'll be bugging her mother so much that it won't matter.

Dexter: さけ is a competent gamer?

Max: Okay, so maybe not HIM, but everyone else is the most skilled with the game that I could find.

King Dedede is knocked off the field by Pikachu who poses for the camera as the reward screen appears. Hooray for Pikachu!

Max: Welp, guess what Dex? We're going to have a SLUMBER PARTY!!!

Sadly, I don't think we will get to see this "slumber party" that the group will have. It will have to act as an implied bonding sequence, rather than a real one. Maybe later on I could do it as a sort of special chapter, but for now I want to focus on the main story.