さけ has Daddy Issues (Chapter 6)

Stage:

Dracula's Castle

Characters:

Simon (Clover)

Richter (さけ)

Alucard (Assist Trophy)

VS.

Dracula (Boss Battle)

As Simon, Richter and Alucard approach the Hell-spawns abode, they can feel a malign presence lurking up ahead. Suddenly, he appears: Dracula himself! Upon his throne of darkness he sits, waiting for someone foolish enough to challenge a being as powerful as he. Dracula smiles, revealing to the weary visitors the true nature of their misguided hopes for what lies beyond-

Clover: Why is there So. Much. Reading! I just want to beat up some bad guys already!

Clover starts wailing violently about, stopping to hold her arm in pain after banging it on the hard wood that makes up her desk.

Why are you talking like that?

Sorry, the game is really starting to get to me. I'll stop...

Alucard: "I am sorry father, but I could never be the man you want me to be."

さけ, not understanding written English enough to follow along, didn't understand why Clover was being so impatient.

さけ: えと...アナタはナゼ...Are you okay? Do you need to take a break?

Clover: No, I'm FINE! Stop asking.

さけ: はい...Are you and your mother on good terms right now?

Clover: Yes.

さけ: Are you sure?

Clover: Yes.

さけ: Okay.

Clover: ...

さけ: ...

Clover: I'm supposed to be grounded right now. I got in trouble with this mean kid at school and now mommy's mad at me and I don't want her to be mad at me because that means we won't get to be together anymore and that means I'll be all alone and-

Clover stopped talking because she ran out of breath. さけ calmly waited for Clover to compose herself so he could interject.

さけ: The "Reading" has stopped. We can play the game now.

Simon and Richter strike at Dracula with their chain whips until he strikes them both sending them flying while he transforms himself into a ball of darkness and flees to the other side of the screen.

さけ: My 叔父さん is one of the project designers for Nintendo. He was an expert at video games and he wanted me to be one too. I proved myself talent-less and he banished me saying that I was not his...son? "NEH-phew." Afterwards, I moved to America and made a name for myself without my 叔父さん's judgement.

Richter attacks Dracula's body completely missing his head which is the only area that damages him. Meanwhile Simon dodges the balls of fire that seem to only be aiming at him for some reason.

Clover: Is this supposed to be helping? 'Cause this is NOT helping. I still feel like doodoo.

さけ: The moral of the story is to not let your parents prevent you from expressing yourself.

Clover pauses the game and turns on the face-cam on her laptop.

Clover: H-Hey さけ, can we just hang out for a while, no stupid games or metaphors or anything? I just feel better when we're together without all the complicated stuff. So...I'll go first. 'Manda was wearing this stupid dress at school today. It made her look so tacky. Like, what kind of parents would let her walk around in such a stupid outfit? I can't even imagine how she's going to turn out AFTER elementary school.

Clover would talk to さけ about well, everything, for the next few hours until her mother called her down for supper and the two of them made up. The food being there definitely helped.

Yes! I finally got to write an interaction between my two favorite characters! Today couldn't possibly get better. (Package arrives with a code for the DLC fighters) YEAH!!! Woohoo!

I'm done trying to hide the fact that Bold and the other one are characters. So here ya go!

Wait a sec, "The other one"?!

I always knew I was the more important one!

Bold, shut up! This is about me, not you.