Vanessa has a Crush (Chapter 4)

さけ was strewn across the couch listening to Vanessa describing the latest chapter of her fanficiton.

さけ: This couch is very uncomfortable to sit in, a こたつ would be much comfier to sit in.

Vanessa stopped talking, clearly flabbergasted that さけ would talk during what she considered to be her life's work. さけ noticed Vanessa's reaction and promptly leaped off the couch and knelt at her feet.

さけ: すみません! I was not aware that commenting on your furniture would offend you. Please forgive me.

Vanessa's facial features relaxed and she helped さけ off the floor.

Vanessa: It's okay さけ, I don't care THAT much. Well, okay...maybe I do care that much, but you don't need to apologize for interrupting me. It's my fault, I didn't consider how long you had been sitting on that couch.

Vanessa, feeling awkward standing so close to one of her friends, especially one who didn't know she was gay, stepped backwards where she bumped into Vixen. Vanessa squeed at the sight of her crush before she could stop herself, talk about embarrassing.

Vanessa: Wha-what are y-you doing here?

Vixen: Uh, I was invited?

さけ: はい, of course you were. Vanessa seems to have simply forgotten. Is that not right, Vanessa?

Vanessa: Uh-huh. I-I have a phone call, need to take it.

Vanessa left the room, cursing herself for using an excuse which was obviously fake. However, she realized she could make it real and called Max.

Vanessa: Hello?

Max: Yeah.

Vanessa: Why is Vixen at my house? I didn't invite her! And I'm pretty sure that さけ didn't invite her either because of his love for tradition or whatever.

Max: Have you ever read any of SonichuFan16's work? Because in one chapter "Fear of Rejection", Pikachu tells Pokemon Trainer about his feeling for Sonic and do you know what happens? Pokemon Trainer pushes him away and the two stop being friends. Look Vanessa, I don't want that to happen to us, so I've made a decision. I want to be your wing-man if that makes any sense. I'll help you get closer to Vixen, I'll even take more photos of her while she's sleeping if that's what you want, but please don't abandon me. I realize now that our friendship has given me some of the best memories I've ever had, and I don't want to stop making those memories. Please forgive me.

Vanessa: Oh, okay. We'll meet at my place next Monday if that's what you want.

Kind of a shorter chapter, but that doesn't make it less important in the grand scheme of things. I've been looking at other Smash Fics recently and I'm wondering if the length of these is good enough to compete with them. Maybe.