Max is Uncharacteristically Cunning (Chapter 5)

Max: No! You guys can't abandon me! I'm the one who brought us all together!

Vixen: Relax Bro, we're not "abandoning you", we're just going to play without'cha for a little while.

さけ: はい, I trust in Vanderben-さん's honesty, and I believe you should as well Vanderben-ちゃん .

Max: Well I'm sorry さけ, but it's a little hard to trust someone who constantly pulls pranks on me because she thinks it's funny.

Vixen: Oh My God, remember that time I made you drink toilet water? Your face was HILARIOUS!

Max: It's not funny to me and it never has been! So STOP!

さけ: Reguarding Vanderben-さん's sentiments, 同意する. I have seen photos of Vanderben-さん's pranks and I have thoroughly enjoyed them all.

Max: Okay さけ, I think it's time you and I had a little talk about what exactly constitutes as "funny".

Vixen: ヤレヤレ, can we just get on with it already? I promised Amanda I would hang out with her an hour from now.

Max: No you're not. As long as my system isn't working, then no one's system should be allowed to work.

さけ: Vanderben-ちゃん, we need to consider the possibility of-

Max: No. You're. Not.

Vixen: C'mon, don'tcha think you're being a little ridi-

Max: NO. YOU'RE. NOT.

Vixen: Alright fine, Jesus. Aren't you the one who always complains about how the group never gets enough practice? And now when we actually WANT to practice, is when you decide to change your mind. Yeah, that seems fair.

Max: You think life is fair? Since when has life ever presented itself as fair? Do you know how hard I had to work to get us together? I had to lie, cheat and physically exhaust myself to do it. That's right, I lied to everyone about what the tournament was, saying things like: "Extracurricular courses for master degree seeking college students." and "Now offering exclusive one on one online courses for children at the age for primary schooling." Do you know how much I have had to do not only to get those to work but to keep them working? Then I cheated Amanda out of her relationship with her boyfriend. I sent a nude photo of him to the entire school board, causing both of them to get expelled, and Amanda sent away to live with her father where she would be locked in the house long enough on a daily basis to be a part of the group. And finally I drove a quarter of the way across the STATE, without owning a drivers license by the way, in just three hours so I could convince Dexter that he was receiving messages from GOD of all things! Thankfully I didn't have to keep that up to make him stay but I probably would have if I had to. So, you think life is fair? NO! We have to work for the things we want in this world, you know why? Because life is not...fair.

さけ: ごめんなさい. It is easy to forget how much you have suffered through to get to where you are today.

Vixen: Can we play the game now?

Max sighs into his microphone, lowering his head in defeat as he comes to accept his ungrateful friends.

Max: Sure, just don't have fun.

さけ:  はい, Vanderben-さん.

The surname Vanderben is not represented with Hiragana (ひらがな) because it butchers the word so badly it becomes almost unrecognizable. Holy! I had to do a lot of research for this chapter! Let's hope I don't have to do anything like that again. Also, since when has Max's main character trait been to make long rants? Oh well.