Amanda lacks Principles (Chapter 7 Part 1)

This was it. Today was the day that Max and his friends would officially enter the Super Smash Brother Ultimate 8-Player World of Light International Tournament (& Knuckles) as one of the teams competing for the title of number one champion of Smash.

Amanda: I can't believe I had to skip out on spa day for this. My nails are going to be chipped for at least a week!

Vixen: Can you stop complaining? You have it easy. I had to-

Amanda: I'm not like you Max, I can't just lie to my friends like it's nothing! I have principles!

Dexter snorts and moves himself closer to Amanda, causing her to flinch at the sudden creepiness sitting right next to her.

Dexter: YOU have principles? Yeah right, when pigs fly.

Max: Guys, we're not here to argue, we're here to enter an official Nintendo Tournament and smash our opponents into oblivion.

Vixen: Yeah maybe, but do we have to-

Amanda: But why do we have to interrupt our lives to do it?

Vixen: Oh my god Amanda will you please just let me finish ONE SENTENCE!

Dexter: So...principles huh?

Amanda: Max! Everyone's ganging up on me again.

Max: Not my problem. Deal with it yourself.

Meanwhile at the front half of the van, Mitchel was conversing with Vanessa on the topic of what strategies to use at the tournament, and さけ and Clover were remaining unusually quiet. Suddenly, as Mitchel made a large turn at an intersection, a large grey building with a very full parking lot came into view.

Mitchel: Well I'd bet my entire college fund that we're here!

Vanessa: Finally, I really need to stretch my legs.

It took the group a total of three hours to get into their designated spots. First they had to get their tickets, then confirm with the agency Max had signed them on with that they were all accounted for, then Max had to verify this with the guards for the V.I.P section and then they had to confirm and reconfirm their fighter selections into the database and finally they were able to sit down and wait for their team to be called.

Vanessa: Man I'm beat, I just wanna go home and write my fan-fiction.

Dexter: Same here, except for that last part. I've read your stuff and a lot of it's very weird.

Max: Wow, isn't that ironic? The guy who sits in his room watching Anime all day thinks your fan-fiction is weird.

Vanessa: SHUT UP!

Meanwhile Clover is sighing into a pillow and slowly sinking into her seat, literally, it's a bean bag.

Clover: There's no way I'm gonna be able to keep this from my mommy now.

Mitchel: As the adult here I feel as if I should offer some sort of reassurance but unfortunately I completely agree with your sentiments. After all, we are about to be broadcast LIVE on both YouTube and the ONTC, or the Official Nintendo Television Channel.

Clover: No, my mommy doesn't have time for stupid hobbies like watching Smash Tourneys, it's because I've been with you guys for like, five hours now.

Max: Hey guys? I think we just got called up.

I was going to keep this as all one chapter, but after seeing just how long the first part was, I think I'm going to be splitting it instead.