ako | thanks

Ako x Mature, Tall Reader
requested by @thwpoop
Ako is so cute, I love her. My apologies for getting this up late, thanks for your patience! And also thank you so much for the request, I hope you enjoy it~!!

_______

You let out a sigh of relief.

"It's finally all done." You let a smile creep on to your lips as you straighten out your papers.

"All done!?"

You turn your desk chair around to see Ako laying belly first on your bed with a comic in her hands.

"You're still here after all that time? It's been like two hours Ako." You say, stretching your arms over your head.

"Of course I waited on you. We made plans to go hang out, remember?"

You inhale a hiss of regret.

"I'm sorry Ako.... I really had to get my homework out of the way. Can we reschedule?"

A sad face appears on Ako's face.

"But (Y/n)...."

"Ako, listen to me, as much as I would like to make time to be around you tonight, it's late. I just...I can't. I have so much homework. School is stressful enough, and then I have my job to work at. I need some rest. I'm really sorry Ako. Maybe we can hang out sometime soon, but not tonight."

Ako's eyes flutter down with sadness for just a moment, but then looks up with a big grin on her face.

"I get it, alrighty then (Y/n)~. I know that you're pretty busy for just being in high school, and you act more like an adult than most people your age do. Guess I just have to accept that about you~ fufufu~" Ako stands up from your bed and puts her hands on her hips. "Guess I'll be heading out into the deep abyss of the devilish night then~ see ya around (Y/n). I'll be cheering you on. I hope that you succeed in everything you dream of!" Ako collects her bag off of the ground and swings it over her shoulder.

You smile, glad that Ako understands how chaotic your life can be at times. She's quite the character.

As you two head downstairs together to see her out, Ako turns to you, her hand resting on the door handle.

"You know, you remind me so much of Yukina at times. You're so well put together and you have a calm nature to you, it's like you're from another world or something."

You smile a little, shaking your head at Ako's childish ways.

"Yukina huh? Fufu. I'll take that as a compliment. Goodnight Ako."

Ako waves.

"Goodnight (Y/n)! Sleep well within your mortal dreams." And with that, Ako closes the door behind her. You're left in a sudden quietness. All you do is let out a sigh of sleepiness.

"Time for bed... it's late." You gather some dishes off of the tables in your living room and secure them against your chest, bringing them to the sink. You gently place them in there. You can worry about them tomorrow morning.

It's bed time.

______

It's Saturday morning. Today you decided to make it up to Ako by going to an arcade with her. As a date.

Of course, she easily agreed to the idea and the two of you are to meet up there at eleven on the dot.

You wear a white sweater, it clings to your figure just perfectly. It's adorned with a cream colored cardigan and you wear basic but fashionable blue jeans under with knee high black boots. Everything about the outfit shows pure professionalism.

Time to kick it into gear though. You only have twenty minutes until eleven. Better make haste.

"Behold~! Beasts from beneath the dark and fearsome realm! Gather with me to execute this plan~!"

Your brow raises in amusement when you hear Ako's commentary. She's too much. She gets really lost in her whole act, it's adorable. It's like she forgets she's actually human.

You watch her from the corners of your eye as she plays the game. She takes her eyes away from the screen and smiles big at you.

"You enjoying yourself (Y/n)?!" She exclaims in a question.

You let out a soft laugh.

"Mhm! Yes, I am." Your eyes shut as your cheeks turn up.

"You seem a little, I don't know....unenthusiastic. You would think playing an arcade game would make you just as excited as I am." Ako says.

"Oh, is that so? No. I suppose I'm just composed when it comes to the things I think are fun."

Ako looks at you with stars in her eyes.

"Ahh... so cool! You're so cool (Y/n)!"

You itch the back of your head, letting out an awkward laugh.

"I wouldn't go as far as cool... Not even that. I'm not even that interesting either, haha."

"We should have you get out more! Get some fresh air and explore this earthling place with me!" Ako suggests.

"Oh, believe me, I would if I had the time but I'm always so booked up with schedules and affairs I wouldn't even know where to begin when it comes to making time for myself."

Ako suddenly grabs both of your hands in hers, bringing them towards her.

"Let all of that stress go for awhile! Have someone else worry about it for the time being and only worry about the stuff that is necessary."

That's true.

Ako's words are true!

Maybe you build up extra stuff that you don't even have to do...

Ako's words repeat in your head.

Only worry about the stuff that is necessary.

"Ako! You're a genius!" You exclaim a little too loudly, which surprise Ako seeing as how she always sees you so calm and collected.

You lean down a little – she's so short compared to your tall body – and press a kiss to her cheek. You secure her hand in yours and you rush out with her following behind you in loss and confusion.

"Ahahahaaaaa~!" Ako laughs out loudly. "And here the two of us are~ on the path of a new adventure to discover (Y/n)'s fate. What shall we come to in this time of her life?"

You roll your eyes playfully at Ako's complete randomness.

Thank you, Ako.