yukilisa | new years eve

Clicking of glasses echo throughout the dining hall. Laughs and loud conversations are shared.

Yukina is in the corner of the room shedding away from the socialization. She observes the commotion going on. She's not good with big crowds. Being on a stage is one thing, but being around people is another. She loves singing and performing, not socializing. Two different things entirely.

Her golden orbs scan the chaotic crowd. She scopes out a beautiful brunette easily in the crowd of people. Those other females are nothing compared to her Lisa.

She watches as Lisa's lips turn up into a big grin during a conversation she's having with another.

Nothing can beat her smile.

Yukina looks down into her glass of fine white champagne.

"Not amusing..." she mumbles to herself.

"Yukina~"

Yukina looks up. Lisa's long eyelashes flutter a bit.

"Yes, Lisa? What do you need?"

Lisa swishes her champagne around in her glass.

"Why are you all alone over here in this corner?" She asks. Yukina squints her eyes with a are you kidding me look.

"You know I'm not good with people Lisa." Yukina says in a bored fashion. "I'd best be leaving. I'd rather enjoy my New Years writing music." Yukina says. She sets her half empty glass on the table next to her. She lazily wraps her scarf around her neck with one little swing.

Lisa's eyes soften and her eyebrows turn upward sadly.

"I guess I really can't make you stay then, haha." Lisa laughs a sad laugh softly. It follows with a soft sigh. Yukina's already gone. All Lisa can see is the faint color of her hair.

_______

Yukina stares up at Christmas lights that are still scattered around the area. Some people don't take them down until after New Years.

She takes this moment to reflect on the year. It was good. All the memories she's made with Roselia, her friends....and Lisa. Sure there were ups and downs, but it there wasn't a moment she couldn't overcome.

"Enjoying the lights Yukina~?"

Yukina turns at the voice. A little smile appears on her lips.

"You left the party?" She questions in a soft voice.

"Yeahhh~ it was mostly just socializing. Besides, it wasn't the same without you there, that's kinda why I asked you to come with me." Lisa laughs, pushing some of her hair behind her ear.

"You didn't have to come find me..." Yukina's smile drops and she looks away with a guilty expression.

"No it's no biggie. I missed you is all. I want to spend New Year's Eve with the person I care most about." Lisa takes a step forward, standing right in front of Yukina. Lisa smiles as she fixes Yukina's scarf around her neck properly. "You rushed out a little too fast that you didn't even take a moment to keep your neck warm."

Yukina blushes. She'll never get used to Lisa's soft gestures.

"Th– thank you."

Unaware of the time, Lisa pulls Yukina close, throwing her own scarf around Yukina's neck.
And as the the time strikes midnight, they kiss.

"Happy New Years Yukina~" Lisa whispers into Yukina's ear after she pulls away. She wraps her arm around Yukina, and stares at the Christmas lights as well.

Yukina places her head on Lisa's shoulder, cozying up next to her.

"May your year be as amazing as you are, Lisa."