seven.

“For the longest time you two have been together, you still didn't let your parents know Sana?” she blunted, well, it's true. “I mentioned her a few times to mom and dad in calls, but I think they only thought of us as friends. I haven't got time to go back here that's why they haven't met them in person.” I explained. Time is really precious to me, because after a series or a movie, another film is waiting to be directed by me. I can sense her being interested on what I said.

“That being  said, it's up to you if you want to tell them or not. If you think you're not ready, then just enjoy their company. But if you can, then go ahead.” she said. I really don't know why this girl is sticking like glue to me. Maybe because of Sana not being with me always has been a barrier of our friendship, cause whenever I go to Kafés by myself, she's also clinging onto me.

“So, Momo, tell me a bit more about yourself.” she said. Man, this is going to be a long ride.
“Well, I'm not that friendly, I only talk to my close friends, and I talk formally when I interact with my co-workers especially to my actors. As much as possible, when they put a great act, I praise them so they can be motivated and do greater in the next act.”
“Where did you start liking movies or wanted to be a film director?”

What is this? A job interview?

My dad's a film producer, he has his own production team and business. He expanded his team to South Korea and that is why I moved to Korea. I am now the head of the production team.”
“So you're super rich?” I laughed at her definition of me. “I wouldn't say that, Jeongyeon. How about you? What does your parents do?” Time to be fair, Jeongyeon.
“My mom stays at home, and my dad has an enterprise. He has a lot of business like real estate, publishing enterprise, and clothing lines.”

Her story makes me shiver, why did a girl like her, didn't finish college and just want to work? I mean, if I live a luxurious life like that, I would've just stayed at school and fuck it up without no hesitation of my grades. Or I could just stay at home and be a spoiled brat.

“If that's the case, then you shouldn't be scared for your business.” she shook her head “I made my own business, with my own money. Father said that if I want to be a great businesswoman, I need to be independent. He said that as much as possible, he shouldn't be involved at it and I should learn from everything that's happening.”
“It must be hard for you, Jeongyeon.”
“It was at first, but when I made my success, it was so fulfilling and I couldn't thank Father enough. When I was young, he already taught me how to do business.” Her stories never failed to astonish me. The girl she likes must be so lucky to have a girl like her liking her.

-

“Momo, wake up.” Someone shook me. I blinked my eyes serveral times and realized that we are at the Ikkyu-ji temple, a serene temple in a peaceful setting.
“Why are we here?” I asked her.
“I figured you want to say grace a little? It's the first time in years you'll be able to see your parents, am I correct? So why don't we pray for everything to go smoothly?” she answered.

We stood in front of the temple's shrine and said graces.

I hope that my parents accept me for who I am, and I hope that Sana is happy.

You done?” I opened my eyes and nodded at her. “You ready to see your parents?” I gulped. “Kinda.” she giggled and patted my shoulder. “You'll be okay, Hirai. Now let's go.” I followed her to her car and we drove off to my place.

At around 6 PM, we arrived at our place. And I have never been more nervous in my whole life.

“Hey, you can do this, okay?” Jeongyeon rubbed my back. I can feel my heart beating rapidly fast. Am I that nervous?
“Thank you for supporting me, Jeongyeon. I'm forver greatful.” She smiled, genuinely. “Go, Momo. I'll stay here for a bit.”

I got out of the car and went in front of the door... That smile of hers, I never felt anything so genuine before. It was like I saw another side of Jeongyeon with a smile. A smile that she never showed me, until now.

I rang the doorbell, feeling anxious on what will my parents react after me being gone for years. We've been calling, yes, but it's really hard in person.

“Yes?” My mom opened the door, she dropped her spatula and did nothing but to hug me. I hugged her back and teared up, I missed her so much. I couldn't ask for more.
“Honey who's at the door?” I heard my dad's voice not so far until I saw her behind Mom.
“Momo, sweetheart.” he hugged me and mom. It's nice to be in their arms again.

-

After having some small talks with my parents, I texted Jeongyeon.

“So Momo, what is this you want to say to us?” my dad opened the topic

Now or never, Hirai.

I've been with someone for 5 years.” I said, their mouths were wide opened in shocked. I suddenly felt guilty for not telling them.
“Why haven't you told us, Momo? And who is this lucky boy that caught our baby girl's heart?” My dad said, he seemed to be amused, but I think I'm going to break his amusement.
“I've been very busy, dad. Being one of the most popular Filn Director is hard. My sched is always packed, there are times that I have no sleep at all.” I saw my mom was disappointed, and at the verge of crying.
“Also, the person I've been with for 5 years, it's not a guy, dad. She's a girl.” I didn't waste anytime saying it, I wanted it to be finished, but it turns out I got more anxious.

“Where is this girl? I'd like to meet her.” Dad said. I stared at him with eyes my eyes wide open.
“You're not angry?” my dad tilts his head.
“For having a girlfriend? Why would I? I'm just sad that it took five years to let us know about her.”