twenty one.

will be the author's point of view for the rest of the following chapters starting from here. uwu

__________

It was getting late, but Jeongyeon and Momo were still talking about their lives, and other random stuff after the Sana story was done.

"Say Jeong, have you ever fallen in love?" the latter sips a little tea and nodded. "Duh, you." Momo giggled, "Before me?" she nodded again, "A girl named Soojin a senior of mine in college." the younger girl started to get curious.

"What happened?"
"We got close due to club activities since her and I were at the same club. She also helped me to cope up since I was a freshman."
"Then?"
"We dated, for at least a year, but she went back to her ex and left me."
"What?! Who would dare to dump you?"
"She did. I was so devastated when she left me. She was my world, I revolved around her, but in a blink of an eye, she went back to the person who hurted her."
"She doesn't deserve you."
"Yeah, I realized it already."
"What did you do about it?"

Jeongyeon heaved a heavy sigh.

Say it.

"I hope, after I tell this story, you'll still accept me." Momo became confused, but also became more curious about her.

Was it really that bad for her to say that?

"I went to Daegu and rented an apartment without telling my parents. I didn't go to school for a month because I didn't wanna see her." Jeongyeon looked at Momo, who was listening carefully. "When I was in Daegu, I went to different clubs every night... and..." She took a deep breath, "In a span of one month, I slept with at least 2 different girls a week."

What?

"I was lost, thinking that sex might have been the key to forget her. I put all of my frustrations to that but the moment I wake up the next day, I still remember her. And some of the girls said that I was calling out her name which I was not aware."

She had a dark experience.

Momo felt sad on how cruel and unfair the world is to her. It feels like they were at the same boat, but Momo knows that for sure, Jeongyeon went through a lot.

A person who made a girl her world. Stupid.

The latter understands her, though, because she herself, made Sana her world, and she knows how it feels to be left alone and be replaced.

And it makes me feel obligated to take care of her. To let her know that she's worth it.

"What made you change, Jeong?"
"One day, I woke up, my body covered with bruises and my face covered in blood. They said that I was beaten up by a couple of guys because I was hitting on a girl which apparently a girlfriend of one of them. That morning I went to a coffee shop near the bar I wan at and there I met Chaeyoung. She asked if I was fine since I looked like a total wreck that day. She helped me with my wounds, and then from there we started to be close"
"Ohh, so that's how you both met."
"Yes, and we kept talking until I was comfortable opening up to her and she was comfortable opening up to me. I was inspired by her and decided to make a business with her so she can pay her dues since she only live alone."
"She's still studying?"
"Yeah, she's about to graduate, though. She'll be a great architect, soon."

They talked about more of themselves until 3AM. It was the very first time that they had to share their past experiences to each other, especially Momo. She didn't thought that she would open up to people again. Jeongyeon changed her without even trying that much.

"We should sleep." Momo concluded since her eyes were getting heavy.
"Alright, I'll sleep here at the couch." Jeongyeon patted it. "Uhm... but..." the latter tilted her head. "What's the problem, Momo?" the younger looked at her, then looked away.
"Y-you see... T-there's only one blanket and it's cold here." Jeongyeon chuckled, "So like, you want me to sleep beside you?" the girl turned to red, almost looking like a tomato.
"T-that's not what I m-mean..."
"Then what?"
"Jeongyeon!" she hits her shoulder. Momo covered her face after. The older latter laughed at her reaction.

Moments passed, Jeongyeon stood up and carried Momo to her bedroom. The latter was shock, but let's her carry her anyway. She just looked at her face, the view nice, seeing how sharp Jeongyeon's jaw is.

Stop.

Jeongyeon carefully put Momo on the bedroom. She tuck her in and stand beside her.

"I'll be sleeping in the couch, since I already slept there when you were dead drunk." She chuckled, making Momo feel more embarrassed.
"Alright, goodnight, Ms. Hirai. Sleep well." Jeongyeon turned her heel and before she could take another step, she felt a pull on the hem of her shirt. She looked back and Momo was looking down, pulling it. "Stay, please?" Momo looked up, her face still red, but her eyes was sparkling, showing sincerity in her words.

How can I even say no?

"Okay. I'll stay with you." Jeongyeon said and lied down beside her. She didn't really intended to do so, because she still respects Momo and doesn't want to take advantage of her, even if they are already dating.

But refusing you is the hardest.

They lie there, both looking up the ceiling, but Momo was taking glances of Jeongyeon. She slowly drifts near her until the older latter notices it. She puts her arm under her nape and pulled her gently closer to her chest.

Her Heartbeat... It's so calming.

Momo closed her eyes to hear more of Jeongyeon's heart. It make her feel safe as if she is guarded everytime she hears a beat.

"You hear that? My heart only beats for you, Momo." Momo didn't moved, but she does have a big smile marked on her face.

The feeling I've been wanting to feel.

The latter looked up, admiring how beautiful this woman beside her is.

"Jeongyeon, why do you love me?" The older girl chuckled, still looking at the ceiling. "Baby, no one could ever understand the love I have for you... not even you." She kissed her forehead. "I'd rather show it to you, than to explain, because words aren't enough to express my feelings for you." Momo giggled,
"You just used the most cliché line ever, Yoo Jeongyeon. I want to doubt you now." The latter smiled, "Never doubt a Yoo, Ms. Hirai. Now go to sleep, I don't want my princess to be restless." Jeongyeon kissed her forehead again, and closed her eyes.

She's the one I've been longing for.