thirteen.

Chaeyoung had a long face when she entered their shop. I ignored it but she went to me to ask if I saw Jeongyeon anywhere. I said I only saw her this morning, when she drove me home from the airport.

"Want me to help you find her?" Chaeyoung's face lit up, but before she can answer, someone opened the door that startled us both.

"Find who?" the person said, I turned around to see a girl with her hair so messy, wearing a dirty hoodie that had little blood stains on it. There was blood dripping on her head and some scratches on her jeans. I felt a shiver down my spine when I recognized who it was.

"Yoo Jeongyeon, what on earth happened to you?" Chaeyoung exclaimed and went to her to get a closer look. I just observed them.

“I got into a little car accident. I felt dizzy and hit a tree. Good thing I was driving slow and got my seatbelt on.”
“No one helped you?”
“I didn't want help. I only had minor injuries.”
“How about your car?”
“I got someone who took care of it.”
“Aish, be careful next time, hyung. I was losing my mind worrying about you.”
“You don't have to worry about me, Chae.”
“I do because I can't lose you.”
Jeongyeon laughed. “You won't lose me, Chaeng. I promise.”

I'm fascinated by the bond of these two. You can really feel the affection between them without them saying “I love yous” to each other. It's like they were bound to meet to take care of eachother, in a way that they treat themselves as family. It's amazing.

“Anyway, what's your order, Ms. Hirai?” Jeongyeon turned to me who noticed that I was staring at the both of them. I shook my head and cleared my throat. “Two manager's blend, grande. For take-out.” Jeongyeon let out a smile, a smile that no one could ever do. It can ease my mind, and can make me feel so comfortable.
“To be served right away, ma'am.” she went inside the counter and changed her clothes, now she's wearing a white blouse and a green apron. It's their uniform in the shop, and it suites her well.

I was bothered by her open wound on her forehead. I felt the urge to clean it, and so I did.
“Jeongyeon.” I called her, she went to my table. “Yes? Anything I can do for you?” she formally said. I chuckled. “Please sit down.” I gestured her to sit on the opposite side of me. She gave me a confused look but she obliged me anyway. I stood up and get the first aid in my bag. I always have it since I know how to first aid people because of some event in college a long time ago.
“Let me clean your wound.” I carefully cleaned her bruise with a cotton and betadine. She flinched a little but I didn't care. I continued to clean it until I put a small band aid on it.

“There.” I felt proud of myself because I put my first aid knowledge at work.
“Thank you, but why are you doing this?” Jeongyeon's voice fell. I felt a little pain in my heart hearing her voice like that.

Why am I doing it?

I don't know, I just felt like it.” I told her nothing but the truth. I really do felt like doing it, without any context. Jeongyeon gave me a playful grin.
“Don't tell me you're falling for me already.” I felt embarrassed. Where the hell did she get that kind of confidence?
“Dream on, Yoo.” I smirked at her, she frowned. “I am dreaming on, Momo.” she stood up and smiled at me.... again.

That damned smile.

“Anyway, thank you for cleaning it. I'll be getting your drinks. I'm actually surprised that you said ‘take-out’ and having two coffees.”
“I'm still not done with work, and my bestfriend liked your coffee so she wanted me to order her one too.”
“That explains it. Hope I can see you both here at the shop. I like seeing new customers.” she turned her heel and went back in the counter to get the drinks I ordered.

“Two manager's blend, ma'am. Enjoy your drink.” she chuckled between the words. I find it very amusing.
“Thank you, Jeong. See you later I guess.” I bowed and went on my way back to the building. There's a lot of work to do and I need to pull an all-nighter tonight with Mina.

-

“Did you saw her?” she asked me, I nodded. “Well?” I looked at her.
“She got into a car accident.” her eyes widen. “What?! Is is okay?” I nodded. “Very much fine, though she had bruises, but other than that she's okay.” Mina smiled at me, I tilt my head. “What is it now?”

“I want to see her.”
“Jeongyeon?”
“No silly.”
“Then who?”
“That girl on the coffee shop, her name is Chaeyoung if I remembered it correctly.”
“Why the hell do you want to see her?”
“She's cute.”
“Does she even know you?”
“That's why I want to see her, unnie.”
“Actually Chaeyoung is a sweet girl.”
“From the way she looks, it shows.”
“But I think she's not into relationships.”
her smile turned into a frown. “Aww man, why?”
“She's too busy working.” she smirked at me. “No one's too busy when they want something.” I'm kinda interested on what Mina would to Chaeyoung. But as far as I know, Mina can turn into another person when she really wants something. She'll do anything and everything to get what she wants, and it sometimes scares me.

“After this pile of junk, I will go back to the café. Want to join me?” she almost jump for joy. I knew she wanted it even though she is not really a fan of coffee shops. “I'll take that as a yes. Now do me a favor and help me sort these out.” she dropped her coffee and went closer to my desk “No problem, Moguri! Let's finish this quickly.”