eighteen.

The night isn't getting any younger, and Jeongyeon is still taking care of the drunk girl.

"Unnie, should I bring her home to her apartment?" the bartender nodded. "Do you know where she lives?" Jeongyeon nodded. “That's better, Jeong. Go do it.” Jeongyeon tapped the girl continuously, hoping that she wakes up and make Jeongyeon's life a bit easier.

"Can you walk?" the drunk girl groans, didn't even bother to open her eyes. "Guess not." Jeongyeon puts the girl's hands on her stomach so she can carry her much easier. Jeongyeon carried her, struggling a bit to gain her balance back. She heaved a sigh after she got used to the girl's weight.

We're here again, Momo, but for different reasons.

Jeongyeon carried Momo to her apartment since it was just close. Jeongyeon never carried her home then, she just always stayed there with her until she gains consciousness and leave right away before she could recognize her, or request Moonbyul to let her sleep in a much safer place. Momo doesn't know that she was the one who always took care of her when she was drunk and sulking over Sana breaking up with her.

"Almost there." she said to herself when she reached the door, trying to get Momo's keys from her bag.

Unlocking the door, she went straight to Momo's bedroom. Jeongyeon slowly puts her on the bed, taking off her jacket and shoes, so she can move freely.

Guess I'll stay here for the mean time.

Jeongyeon decided to go to the living room, but before she can, she heard her name being called.
“Jeongyeon-ah.” Momo groans. Jeongyeon went to her. “Yes, Momo?” the younger girl had a hard time to open her eyes, but she was able to look at Jeongyeon. “Don't you love me?” she said. Jeongyeon gulped, surprised by what she said. “What? Of course I do. I already told you this.”

“But you dated someone today.”
“Me? Dated someone that's not you?”
“Chaeyoung told me that you had a date, and that's why you cancelled our lunch out, right? Right?”
“Momo I... I'm not dating, okay?”
“You know why I wanted to talk to you? It's because I've made up my mind to let you enter my life, to give you a chance. Guess I was too late.”
“Momo I had a family affair today, not a date. I would never date anyone besides you, remember that.”

Momo struggled to sit up, still showing her sleepy eyes. She held Jeongyeon's cheeks, making her blush. “I loved Sana, but what I feel towards you is way different. It's something that I kept on wanting.” she leans in, trying to closw the gap between their sweet lips. But Jeongyeon stopped her by putting her hand on Momo's lips. The older chuckled and said, “Too fast, baby girl. I don't want to take advantage of you and your drunk self.” she stood up and lay her down again. “Sleep, Momo. You're tired.” instead of kissing her on the lips, she kissed her on the forehead and went out.

-

Momo woke up by her alarm that she didn't took off. She blinked several times before looking at her phone; it was 7 AM. Suddenly, she felt dizzy and wanted to puke.

Right, I was drunk.

She looked around, noticing that she was not at the bar anymore, but at home.

How did I got home?

She struggled to get up, wanting to get some coffee so her hangover can wear off. She lazily rubbed her eyes and went off her bed and slowly made her way to the kitchen.

“What the—” Momo moved back as she saw someone laying on her sofa, but before doing anything to the person, she noticed that her features were familiar. She went closer to the person, and recognized that it was Jeongyeon.

Why are you here?

Momo lets her sleep and went to the kitchen like she planned. She mixed herself coffee and cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast, but before she eats, she went back to the living room.

“Jeongyeon, wake up.” she shook her gently, she groans and turned. Momo crouched down to take a good look at her face, but little did she know that Jeongyeon was already awake, but only pretending to be asleep.

“I'll melt if you keep on looking at me like that.” Jeongyeon utters, making Momo stand up. The older girl chuckled and sat up, with a messy hair.

“I just wanted woke you up so we can both have breakfast.” The younger girl said. Jeongyeon stood up and stretched her hands and yawned. “Alright.” They both went to the dining table and ate their breakfast quietly.

“Do you remember anything that happened last night?” Jeongyeon asked, looking at Momo who was eating her bacon silently. “No, I don't.” she said, not looking at the person in front of her. “So you don't remember you saying to me that you'll give me a chance? That you actually have feelings for me?” Momo choked and looked at her, who was smirking. “I said that?” The older girl slowly nodded her head, proud on what she said. “Yes, Momo. You did.” the black haired girl drank water, and she's havinh a hard time swallowing all these information she's taking.

“Also, I was the one who brought you home. And the one who always took care of you when you were dead drunk for and drinking everyday for 2 straight weeks in Moonbyul unnie's bar because of Sana.” Momo's eyes widen. She never thought that she was the one who took care of her.

I always thought that it was Moonbyul unnie.

How?” Momo is lost for words. “Just like you, I was close to Moonbyul. I've been going there since my senior highschool. There are times that I'll see you with your friends or with Mina drinking there, but the worst was you drank yourself to death alone. Don't you know how dangerous that is? I would always go there to see if you're drinking with someone, or protect you if someone wanted to harass you and you're alone.” Momo looked down, realized how stupid she was. “I'm sorry.” Jeongyeon shook her head. “Don't say sorry to me, Momo. Say sorry to yourself.”

They were done eating, their conversation ended and Momo felt sorry for what she done to Moonbyul, Jeongyeon, and to herself. Jeongyeon gathered her jacket and wore her sandals, ready to leave Momo's apartment.

Jeongyeon and Momo were both outside; the older on the hallway, and the younger on the doorway.
“Thank you for saving me again.” Momo smiled. “You're welcome, and you know I'll never get tired of doing that.” the younger giggled. It's rare to hear that from her. “Also, Jeong. What I said was true.” Jeongyeon looked at her, confused. “Which one?” she took a deep breath, trying to get enough courage to say it.
“I'll give you a chance.”