✧ Merry Christmas! ✧ Avery & Kross

ohlawdhescomin merry christmas (and im super sorry! because this is so late!) from me and Avery, to you and Kross! ♡ (also, I have no idea how Kross feels about the holiday's, but Avery loves Christmas now that he actually gets to celebrate it with someone~)

Avery had a penchant for cliche Christmas things. He loved hot chocolate, and stupid decorations, and playing in the snow, and candy cane shaped cookies. He was probably one of the only people in department stores, or at home watching commercials, who enjoyed the Christmas music. Of course, Kross couldn't deny how utterly fucking adorable it was to see him singing along softly under his breath, bouncing around the tree as he decorated it, hanging ornaments and glittery, christmas-colored baubles from the fake pine branches.

Kross crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the archway of the front room, furrowing his brow a bit. He watched for a moment, before he tilted his head to the side. "Are you singing... Mariah Carey?"

Avery nearly dropped the ornament in his hand, turning his head to see Kross now that he knew he was there, his free hand flying up to his chest. "Jesus Christ, you scared the fuck out of me!"

"You scare the fuck out of me, singing Christmas songs like a madman."

"It's Christmas time!" Avery argued, pouting as he hung the next ornament up.

Kross uncrossed his arms, shoving his hands into his front pockets instead and laughing. "I'm just saying, there are better things you could be singing, especially with that voice of yours."

Avery's back was to him, but he rolled his eyes so hard Kross could practically feel it. "Shut up."

Standing up straight, Kross pulled his hands out of his pockets and walked into the room, closing the distance between him and Avery. "What, I'm serious," he countered as he stopped behind him, circling his arms around the boy's waist. "I can't believe you would tell me, your loving boyfriend, to shut up- at Christmas time, no less!" He teased, feeling Avery shake against his chest as he laughed.

"You're so annoying- I'm trying to decorate here, I don't need your holiday-hating energy." Avery claimed, still giggling, although he was now leaning back against his boyfriend's chest, forgetting momentarily about the box of shiny ornaments sitting on the floor a foot away from them.

"Yeah? Tell me to go away then," Kross challenged as he tilted his head down, planting a series of feather-light kisses on Avery's cheek and jawline. Avery's hands ghosted over Kross's arms, falling into place over them.

"You're distracting me," Avery dodged the challenge, his protests halfhearted at best as Kross planted a few more kisses on his jawline before trailing them down the side of his neck.

"That's funny, coming from you," Kross chuckled against the crook of his neck.

Avery shifted, pulled away a few centimeters, turning around in his arms so they were facing each other. "I have never in my life been distracting," he announced, grinning, all freckles and dimples and mischief as he slide his hands up his boyfriend's chest until his arms were locked around his neck.

"Oh, so you're a liar now too?" Kross teased, leaning down until their noses were nearly touching. "Well I'll just have to add that to the list of offenses."

"Don't be mean, it's Christmas time," Avery pouted, before kissing him quickly.

"I know, and you're spending far too much time decorating and watching holiday movies, and not nearly enough time with me." Avery leaned back, rolling his eyes and laughing. "It's not funny, I could die if I don't get enough attention."

"Oh how tragic that would be," Avery sighed deeply, still grinning that aggravatingly adorable crooked smile.

"You wound me Avery," Kross pouted back at him, his hands finding their way up under Avery's red flannel (which had at one point belonged to Kross). His skin was cool- Avery was always cold, especially in the wintertime. He claimed that it was just the holiday energy that kept him going; otherwise he would be too cold to move.

Avery laughed, shaking his head. "I need to finish decorating the tree."

"You've been decorating all day love," Kross ran his fingers over his back, feeling up and down his spine, the dips in the back of his hips, the scar under his left shoulder blade. "Just take a little break."

"Loni and her girlfriend are going to be here in a few hours-"

"That's plenty of time. I'll even help you finish the tree later."

Avery raised an eyebrow, thinking for a moment. "Only if you let me listen to Christmas music while we decorate."

Kross groaned, tilting his head back for dramatic effect, before he looked back at Avery. He grinned, tilting his head down to give him a kiss. "Fine. You're lucky you're so cute."

Avery grinned. "That's what they tell me."