♡ oc's as: my poetry excerpts ♡

// a v e r y   v.   s c o t t
"everything smells like smoke. and something smells like gasoline, and sometimes i think the gas smell is coming from my own hands, but i'm always too afraid to check- but at least i can keep myself warm."

      // n i c o   j.   f e n t o n
"i am a candle, a campfire- a beacon for tired souls.
i am a burning house, an inferno- lighting the way with destruction.
i am more than fire- i am the beginning and end of my own downfall."

// n o e l    l é c l a r é
he carries his fathers anger in his mothers eyes, but no one will come to a predator without a lure, so he learned to sing.

// o l i v e r m. s u a r e z
mist over a forest, like the curtains hiding the magician. something, out of sight. trees will keep your secrets from others, but what one root knows, the whole forest understands. whispers tucked into rings, words woven into knots. the birds will sing it later. they lament your sadness for you, lilting and lifting your prayers into the mist with them. they speak the language of messengers, blessed with mercury's wings.

// b r o o k l y n    c a l l a g h a n
"everything i've ever felt is still inside me, and sometimes i wonder if i'm too small to hold everything in me."

     // p a r k    s t e l l e r
"when they call you broken, bare your teeth and sneer. you know what you're good for, kid- so give 'em hell."

      // j e n n y     s t e l l e r
"her laugh was its own music, accompanied by her drumbeat heart, and her words were painted with every color imaginable— nothing was ever enough for her."

      // k e i r     m i h a i
he was not born on his feet.
a human, a baby, vulnerable as he was,
on his back but bold.
then, on his knees, on his feet,
chin up like a soldier, poised like a dancer,
not born like this but made.
the rest is crawling, time,
passing between his fingers like sand,
or ribbon through the air,
or magic through his mother's lips.
incomparable.