7 am | 𝙠𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨 & 𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮

well i couldn't sleep so i finally finished the thing– its short butttttt whatever yourwifesboyfriend

Soft, sleepy, blurry– breath on his neck, warm, and arms around his waist, warmer. Hazy, still.

He felt lips on the back of his shoulder; once, twice, three times, traveling up to the back of his neck, and it brought him back to the world.

"You woke me up," he whisper-groaned, but his irritation was half-hearted at best.

Another kiss to the bare skin on his shoulder, and then air fluttered over his skin as Kross chuckled. "Sorry," he muttered, and Avery felt the hum of his chest against his back.

Avery smiled– it was uncontrollable. It always was with Kross. "No you're not," Avery said, and Kross laughed, sending Avery's heart to its knees.

He turned, flipping over until he was facing Kross, and the man placed a kiss on the tip of his nose as soon as they were facing each other. Avery grinned wider, a hand coming up to rest on Kross's chest. "I was having such a good dream, too," he continued on as Kross's hand found its place on his back, pulling him closer, and Avery let him.

"Mm? What about?" Kross hummed, and moved his fingers lazily across Avery's back, moving in lines across his warm skin, feeling the bumps and shallow dips of his spine.

"Wouldn't you like to know," Avery teased, to which Kross playfully huffed.

"Keeping secrets now, are we?"

"Only from people who wake me up too early."

Avery watched Kross roll his eyes and he drummed his fingers against the man's chest. "Don't roll your eyes at me," Avery laughed, his hand sliding up Kross's chest a few inches as he leaned forward and pressed his lips against his, soft, and still sleepy, aiming to feel him– to distract him, maybe– more than anything else.

Avery still couldn't believe that he could do this every morning– whenever he wanted too, really. Kross was inches away from him, every night, and it was more good luck than Avery deserved. Better than anything he had hoped for, when he dared to hope.

Avery smiled against his boyfriend's lips, and Kross pulled back, but just a few inches at most. "What time is it?" Avery asked, for no particular reason.

"Does it matter?"

"Oh my god, that means its early, doesn't it?"

"You know, waking up a bit earlier in the day wouldn't be such a bad thing," Kross laughed, pulling Avery a bit closer by the waist, before his fingers started tracing up and down his spine. Avery was used to all the touching now– maybe it would be more apt to say that he craved all the touching.

Avery grinned a little more, something he did a lot these days. "You never know, it might kill me."

"What a tragedy that would be," Kross sighed dramatically, "death by healthy sleeping habits."

"Shut up," Avery laughed. "You'd miss me and you know it."

Kross hummed. "Of course I would," he agreed, moving closer until their noses were nearly touching. He looked like he was about to say something more, but then he closed the minute gap between them and kissed Avery again.

Avery may have been tired, but he didn't mind. There wasn't a single occasion he could think of where a kiss from him would do anything but make him forget everything bad in the world, for just a few seconds. Avery's hand slid up into his hair, and neither of them broke the kiss this time– neither of them wanted too.

They could have stayed like that forever, probably.

Kross's hand slid down Avery's back, over soft bare skin, following the curves of him until his hand was at the back of his thigh and lifting his leg, pulling it across his body, a lazy half straddle, and–

Avery found himself laughing, feeling him hard against his thigh. "It's 7:30 in the morning," he teased.

"That's never stopped you before," Kross teased him in response, and Avery had to admit that the man had a point.

Avery hummed, grinning, pushing himself up off the bed and moving until he was hovering over his boyfriend, straddling him. "Can't really argue with that," he responded, not so mad that Kross had woken him up anymore, as he leaned down for another kiss.