one .

THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SORRY IF IT SUCKS LOL

I woke up in the middle of the night to gun shots.

It wasn't a big deal. It happened all the time.

Probably just a gang outside quote on quote "my house". it wasn't really mine.

It was my seventh foster home in three years. Let's just say im not really good with families. I just cause trouble I guess and they throw me out.

I've been at this one for a year and it's the longest I've ever been in one.

See, my parents died in a car accident when I was fourteen and it was a really hard time. I'm still trying to get over it. it's not exactly easy. Now I'm seventeen.

***

I looked at the clock and it read "4:53". There really no point in going back to bed since I had to wake up pretty soon anyway.

I got up and went into the crappy old kitchen and opened up the fridge for something to eat.

Nothing.

Unless you count that old mustard spill on the side.

I went into the bathroom to get ready. I shower, brush my teeth the usual and then I get dressed.

Plain white slightly oversized tee, black leggings and my black patten leather doc martins.

I'm not goth but I don't dress like all the prissy sluts at my school.

God I hate them.

No makeup and I left my hair natural.

Who the hell am I trying to impress?

The clock read "5:48" and that was perfect just little but till this house turned into a crazy zoo.

Kids running around everywhere.

I grab my skateboard and backpack and head off to this really cool skate park.

It's where I find my chill.

I take a seat on a ramp and lit a joint. I like getting high. I get to forget about my screwed up life for a little. When I thought the park was empty considering it was 6 in the morning someone took a seat next to me.

I gave him a fake smile. He took my weed out of my hand and took a hit.

"Hey!" I said

He chuckled and handed it back to me.

"I'm jack."

"Emmy."

"You must be pretty badass... your average girl doesn't sit in a skate park at 6 in the morning smoking pot ."

"Screw off" I chuckled and we both started laughing.

"I guess I'm just... different"

There was an awkward silence when jack pulled out his own joint.

"So what school do you go to?" jack says

"River Creek, you?"

He's so stupid. we go to the same school. I already know who he is. I guess he's just to popular to notice me. I kinda have no friends.

There all fake.

There all back in LA where I used to live back with my parents but I had to leave. I didn't even get to say goodbye before I got put into the Foster system.

"I go to river creek too.. I've never seen you before."

Duh because I'm invisible but actually who the fuck cares.

"Yeah I haven't seen you either."

Okay I was totally lying but I wanted to seem cool. I'm not gonna lie his is actually kinda hot.

"We should get going." I say looking at the time.

"Funny.. the badass wants to get to school early."

"Shut up" I scoff and hit his stomach.

Like he felt it... that shits hard as rock.

Edited 9:27pm