twelve .

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!" he yelled

"I-it's not what it really looks like I swear" Johnson said as we simultaneously jumped off the bed.

"So this is why you've been avoiding me Ems.. because your cheating on me-- with my fucking best friend"

"N-no I just came here b-because I had no where else to stay!"

"So why didn't you just ask me?!"

"Because I couldn't.."

"Why?" He said as his voice cracked

l wish I could just tell him.. it's ripping him apart. But I think I care for him too much.

"I really wish I could tell you jack.. I-I just can't.." I said almost whispering the last part.

"Whatever man, this is a joke" he scoffed and left slamming the door behind him.

"Great.." I said with tears threatening to fall.

I slowly sat myself on the floor as Johnson came over and put his arm over my shoulder.

"I-I wish I could just tell him y'know, but I love him and I don't want to see him get hurt.. let alone killed"

I was sobbing by now.

Johnson was comforting but it'll never compare to how Jack made me feel.

***

The next morning Johnson drove me to school. I wasn't looking too good. Red eyes, bags and dark circles and a super messy bun.

We were standing by my locker when Jack walked in with his arm around Ashley's waist. All eyes on them.

I felt a pang of jealousy shoot through my chest.

I stopped dead in my tracks when reality hit me again.

I ran off to the nearest staircase where I could just be alone and cry my eyes out.. again.

"Ems wait" I heard a jack call from behind me.

I kept running. I really just wanted to die right at that minute.

"Wait" he stopped me

"What" I said softly.

I was done with trying anymore.

I didn't say anything.

We were just two messed up teenagers standing in front of each other. Not a word leaving either mouth.

...

I just burst into tears right then and there.

He engulfed me into a hug as we just stood with me snotting all over him.

"I-I'm sorry jack. I-I should have just told you e-everything but the pressure of everything is just too much." I sobbed

"Shh.. Shh.. It's okay, I'm here now.." He said as he stroked my hair.

Just as he carressed me I realized something. He always seems to fix all my problems even if he's a part of it. I'm in love with Jack Gilinsky.

After five minutes of jack just being with me and comforting me I decided it's time to open up and spill everything.

By now we were cuddling in the middle of the stair case on the floor.

"H-he raped me."

"Who!!?"

"My foster moms boyfriend.. he came home drunk and then.. Yeah"

His jaw was clenched and his fist were all balled up.

He seemed to relax himself by closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

"I'll take care of it" he said in a low voice.

He stood up and was out the door.

"Jack-- w-wait"

"Yeah" he said as he turned around

"I-I love you" I admitted for the first time.

He smirked and smiled to the ground.

"I love you too" he looked up.