three .

*Jacks POV*

Em took me to this ghetto, abandoned place after we left the skate park.

We took a seat on some graffitied steps and chilled/ talked. I was calming down a bit from the weed. just a couple of random chuckles from here and there.

"Soo this is where I live" she said

"Wait what? You actually live in this place?"

"Yup, you know how foster care is like.."

"Wait. your in Foster care?"

"Yeah, my parents---

She was cut off by the back door opening and she murmured "shit" under her breath, grabbed my hand and ran out back to the front.

*Emmys POV*

I was talking about my parents when the freakin back door opened.

"Shit"

It was probably Marie. Or her boyfriend even worst. If she found out I was skipping they would probably kick me out.

If it was her boyfriend, he would probably molest me. Wouldn't be the first time I got kicked out of a foster home...

I grabbed Jack hand and we rushed to this little playground. It obviously wasn't nice. We took a seat on one of the benches.

"Sorry, um if they caught me out of school I would be thrown out.. wouldn't be the first time."

"Maybe we should go to my place next time" he said

"Haha yeah.."

"So what were you saying about your parents?"

"Oh, they died a couple years ago. That's how I got into the system. Nobody wants to adopt a teenager. They all want babies. So it hasn't exactly been the easiest thing.."

"Oh.. I'm sorry" he said while stroking my hand

He was playing with my fingers when he turned my hand the opposite way and saw all of my cuts.. they were from a while ago. I was one year clean next month.

Jacks eyes were in disbelief and I just stood there silently.

"W-why? he choked out

"Because... life isn't easy.." I said with tears brimming

Before I knew it our bodies were next to each other, hands in one another and we were deep in the moment. I felt a pair of lips on mine.