Chapter 5

-

Broken

-

Things didn't get easier from there. Jungkook was still silenced, more than what he normally was. He still didn't spare taehyung any glances, unless Taehyung was physically showing his hardships, which he kept hidden. That's when he'd look at Taehyung to see if he was okay, knowing he clearly wasn't.

But he was afraid.

Jungkook was afraid, Afraid to say something. He was afraid to get yelled at, or beaten. Then the thoughts came racing in, he had already broken some rules...He smiled.
When the war was going on, smiling was an absolute NOT. You couldn't show anything but sadness or just a blank face. If you showed ANY emotion, especially happiness of any sort, you would be yelled at and tortured until you stoped smiling.
If you spoke too loudly they'd kill you.
If you did anything loudly they'd kill you.
Jungkook didn't want to get anyone killed.
He blamed himself for his Mom, Dad, and Sisters deaths. And no matter how much it hurt him, he had to stay quiet

He didn't want the bad men to come back and hurt him.

He felt his heart break everyday he saw Taehyung sad, and each day the elder grew more and more quiet. Until he was almost as mute as Jungkook. Jungkook would be lying if he said he didn't worry about taehyung. He wanted to talk to him so badly, but he couldn't figure out how. He put his head down and pouted. Looking at his room in his small apartment, it was simple. Whites and greys filled the room. It was almost empty, it had just a bed and a small desk lamp, which lasted on the floor. His kitchen only had paper plates and  foam bowls, cheep food from the small dollar store nearby. A few cups of ramen noodles. His living room mixing into a dinning room, he had no TV. He just stared outside.
His eyes widened when a knock came onto his door. When he opened it he saw his landlord. She sighed sadly "I'm sorry Jungkook, but you haven't paid your bills,

I'm going to have to kick you out."

Jungkooks eyes went wide.

He had nowhere to go. He knew how to survive, but the world was scary. It had been awhile since he was surviving. He sighed and grabbed his school bag and an extra bag, which held his small amount of clothing.

He brought his sketch book, pencils, markers and then a notebook and his school supplies.
He brought water, and some instant ramen, which he figure he could break apart and eat. He safely packed a picture of his family. He sighed and left the apartment.

Jungkook had been walking for hours now, and he couldn't find any place to stay. The air was growing cold and Jungkook could feel his body growing weak. He found a small alleyway, which held a secret hole, where he set his stuff. He laid on the ground using a hoodie he had for warmth. He stared at his notebook his eyes going wide.

He smiled at it.

This is how I'll talk to Taehyung.