Chapter 6

(Picture on the right: Ember -->)
Year: 3204
Somewhere between the Eastern and Northern Academy

Blaze:
It’s like they couldn’t wait to get me on my way. Just the moment it takes to blink, I’m already on my way to the Northern Academy…my new ‘home’ if you will. Super-Senior said he wanted to send a request, but apparently a decision has already been made because I’m expected at my new academy at the end of the day. When I went to pack my things, they tried to hurry me, but I didn’t comply. Walking in to that room again, I saw that all of Rocky’s stuff was gone. The stench of emptiness is even clearer here where I spent most of my time with my sister. I take a deep breath before I leave that room. It’s been my home for the last 3 years…now I’m going to a new academy containing new people, and a new partner…none of which knowing what I’m carrying on the inside.

I plan on keeping it that way for a while. I’m gonna make damn sure they work to earn my trust. Right now I’m hurt, I’m angry…Super-Senior was right about one thing: I was really closely connected to my partner, perhaps even too connected according to him. But what the hell, she was sister! I stand by what I said to him: I would never put a mission ahead of her own safety! I guess I have to learn to do that now. Good thing considering I probably won’t even care about who I end up with. He or she will never get to the level where they’ll earn my trust. We’re just gonna be partners, that’s it.

I’ve heard word that the trip from the Eastern Academy to the Northern Academy isn’t one of the longest…well I consider it pretty damn long considering I’ve never taken that trip before. In fact I’ve never taken any trip similar to this. I haven’t been outside the academy walls in forever it seems. I can still remember the life I once used to have then: a family, school, a sister I told everything to…I have neither now.

Taking a deep breath I just keep running back to that time when there was no element, nothing to worry about or constantly be aware of. I just want to escape it all right now. I just want to take off somewhere and allow my emotions and element to just pour out. I need it desperately. I just feel how I’m keeping it all contained inside of me, when in reality I should just let it out, kind of like I did to the Senior. That was far from enough. That was just the tip of the surface.

As well humans developing elemental-powers, technical wise we’ve also modernized as one would say. Gone are the old-fashioned cars and trains with wheels. Everything goes by in the air right now in different types of crafts occupating the skies. It doesn’t make travelling lest eventful though. Here in the East, you still have the bloody sandstorms to go through and in the North, there are probably blizzard storms freezing up every passing aircraft trying to pass by without protection.

We don’t fly that high above ground so I actually get a chance at looking out the window, a how the world is now. It’s a barren wasteland now compared to the pictures I’ve seen from about thousand years ago or so. I will never get to know the true beauty of nature, where our very elements come from. Instead, all I get is that wasteland of deserts and freezing cold mountains…all with the clear signs of the brutality brought on the planet because of the war. It’s such a shame considering how it once used to be.

I’ll probably never even learn to see the barren wasteland either. I’m an Elemental after all…I mean, I’m a Junior Elemental, but Elemental still. My point is I’m too busy training to control an element so that when I do, I can go to war on the moon and either die a wasteful death or come back to Earth more damaged than ever, unable to tell right from wrong.

You know, I really thought I had that figured out by the way…right from wrong. I never thought I was wrong drawing from the emotions that I have up through the years. I’ve always had this idea inside me that I could control it, and in a way I did. It’s just that losing my sister…all of those negative emotions just exploded inside of me and it made me more dangerous than any Elemental they’d ever seen. They didn’t even know where I drew my element from. They usually always know, why didn’t they?