Chapter 32

Earth: Year 3205
The Military Academy on the moon

Senior Pool:
I can almost sense my heart beat out of my chest when I see the way Blaze keeps taking to her head as she’s walking towards me and Breeze. Breeze is all over her about where she was, but she answers that she had to have been sleep-walking even though I get the sense she doesn’t mean that. I don’t ask her about it, but I suspect she had some headaches not too long ago. She was never just sleep-walking. I recognize those symptoms all too well. I see it in her face, even when she looks at me, as if wondering why I’m looking at her the way I am.

I’m trying to enter her head to get it confirmed, but she just looks up at me from time to time, as if she’s telling me to keep out…except it’s not her. There’s someone else in there. I almost know immediately who it is and it makes me more nervous than ever before. Someone else was in control of her from the moment she experienced those headaches until the moment she woke up not knowing where she was or why. Everything in between then is just a blur and it makes me shiver slightly as I look at my hands and try to keep them still.

“Is everything alright, Pool?” I suddenly hear from her as I’ve been too trapped inside my own head to realize I’m actually down here, among people. “Yes, I’m just fine, Blaze. I’m just relieved that you’re safe and sound…” I let out as I catch the face of someone familiar. One that I haven’t seen for many years, but I always recognize him…even when he’s giving me the distinct look that he’s giving me now. “You two keep out of trouble while I talk to some of the other Seniors, alright?” I let out. “What’s going on?” Blaze asks again. “Nothing, I’m just gonna have some words about the training tomorrow.” I answer almost too quickly as I make my way towards him. “What are you doing here?” I ask right away as I get to him but he shushes me immediately. “Not here, follow me…” He lets out.

I follow him down one of the most remote hallways there is on the base here. It’s not until several minutes of walking down the remote hallway, that he stops and turns towards me. “Now, we can finally talk.” He lets out as I take a deep breath. “I didn’t think they were sending anyone to the base…least of all, you.” I let out as he lifts on his shoulders. “To be honest it wasn’t my idea, but the Master found it imperative that one of us infiltrated the academy…someone with a more humane look that is.” He answers as he smiles weakly. “Are you aware of how difficult it is for me to respond to ‘Senior Fall’? Aqú is my preference, but that’s just me…I’m probably gonna blow my cover because of that…” He lets out.

I shake my head surrendered before I turn back to my original question. “I’ll ask you again, what are you doing here?” I ask with a stern voice as he notices. “The Master had a vision about events about to happen…the one that happened in the dorms just now for example.” He responds. “I have had those visions myself, but I never thought it would be this soon. It seems my brother has managed to get a good grip on her mind already. I haven’t had the time to help her seal it off properly.” I answer as another sigh escapes my chest.

“That wasn’t the only vision, brother Pool.” He lets out as I turn aware of his tone. It’s like I perceive the message right away. “He’s going to manipulate her into killing me, isn’t he?” I ask. It makes sense. It’s the perfect way to avoid getting any fingers pointed at him. It’s the only way he can kill me off and seem completely innocent about it. “The vision inside the Master’s head showed him that and we both know better than to doubt his visions.” He answers. “Yes, we’ve learned the hard way not to ever doubt him.” I let out at first as I take a few steps away from him. “I just thought I had more time…” I answer as I after a moment look back towards him and notice something. “What?”