Chapter 20

Earth - Year 3205
Northern Academy

Senior Pool:
Breeze and Blaze have now been working together just over a year. It's been a year that we've all seen start roughly between the two: none of them entirely trusting each other or not supporting each other when that's been what they've both truly needed more than anything. They've both caught up the importance of that aspect and I'm proud to see it do the work, giving them the strength that they both have to grow stronger and more independent. They have both had trust issues: Blaze losing her sister, Breeze coping with his brother, but they both trust each other and they both trust me.

I've been working a little more with Blaze and keeping her subconscious at a distance this past year while Breeze has spent his time recovering from his little 'adventure' outside the wall. Of course, it didn't take an entire year for him to get back on his feet, more like four months to get back to his normal physical state. Another couple of weeks after that, he was given the green light to start training with his element. His biggest challenge has been to keep his confidence at an all-time high averagely.

I've personally been amazed by the importance of Blaze's support. It's been so important to Breeze that someone finally has had his back and at the same time, he has spared no expense in supporting Blaze. They've made each other far stronger than they were a year ago and I'm willing to believe that they are by far the most powerful team of elementals in this Academy. The only backside about it is that I know that certain people out there might just find them useful for purposes way beyond their own good.

The day is practically over now as I'm sitting by my desk writing on the daily report of my two students' progression. It's quite good I'll have to say. It won't take long I suspect before they're both back in the normal rotation with the normal and the dual-sessions. They've still put me up to keep an eye on the both of them, keep them in line in the sessions sort of. Their progress has been so clear to everybody, including the other Seniors, that I feel like their time is almost up, much like my own.

As I snap out of my own thoughts, the communicator on my desk goes off and I lay down what I'm doing to answer it. That's when the image of someone far too familiar appears in front of me. "Senior Pool, brother, it's been quite some time since we've last spoken." The man on the other end says. Needless to say, we go way back. "Grand Master...it has been a long time indeed. Although I'm sure you haven't really missed me or my opinions. For what do I owe the honor of your call?" I ask, but if I'm honest, it's far too obvious. "It's a shame things ended the way they did, Senior Pool. I was hoping you would let that go..."

I shrug lightly at the response and I make sure he sees it. "How can a person forget being stabbed in the back by the one he trusted the most? With all due respect, Grand Master, I'm doing this job for the sakes of the Elementals in the Academy, not for the sake of you or the war." I go on. He nods weakly to himself. "You have always been so stubborn on that, Senior Pool. It's quite a flaw in your character compared to who you could've been." He goes on. "It's a flaw to you, Grand Master. Others actually find it very trustworthy." I answer. "There always will be those kinds of people, Senior Pool." He starts.

"However, that's not what I'm here to talk about..." He goes on as that's when he brings up the real intention of the call. "You've called me to talk about my two Elemental-students, Breeze and Blaze, I would imagine." I let out as I cut to the core of the conversation. He nods weakly to himself. "Always so intuitive, Senior Pool, it truly is a shame that things ended the way they did." He goes on. I smile to myself as I remember that time all too well. He made a choice, which is the ironic thing about what he's saying to me now. It is quite a shame that he had to make the choice that he made back then...