One-Shot by @Coggemm

Inspired by: Chapter 18

Rain:
I stand outside the door. When Blaze spoke to me earlier, I knew I had to tell my brother the truth. I just hoped he would listen. When the nurse told me I could go in, I almost froze on the spot. Regaining my confidence, I opened the door and walked in.

Breeze is laying there on the bed. His eyes are shut and his head is turned away from me. The hope in me decreases rapidly. What if he doesn't understand?

I sit down in the plastic chair beside him. I don't know how to tell him. You can just go: 'Hi, Breeze. It's me, your brother. By the way, I've been hassling you on purpose; to make you stronger. Hope you understand. Bye.'

I take a deep breath. “Breeze...” I take another breath. “Why would you go out in the middle of a storm? It was stupid and uncalled for.” I don't know what else I to say to him. I feel too horrible.

“Don't start.” He replies, still not looking at me. “Now you're just going to lecture me, get my spirits up and blow me down again, aren't you?” He turns around and glares at me angrily. “That's all you've ever done. And even in this state we both know you're never going to stop.”

“Hey, don't you dare talk to me like that!” I try to calm myself down. “I'm doing all this for you! Why can't you see that? All of this is to make you stronger, more independent.” I can tell he doesn't believe me.

He rolls his eyes at me. “Wow. After three years of bullying and hassling you think I'm gonna believe that soppy excuse? Do you think I'm that stupid Rain?”

“I'm truly sorry. All I'm asking is that you can at least forgive me for what I've done. Not totally, but at the least, partially.” I know he won't, but it's worth the shot. The amount of pain I've put him through was horrendous. I still don't know how he never lost control, well, totally. But he has to understand I did it all for him, or I'll never even forgive myself.

“You know what, Rain. I don't even need you anymore. You don't deserve the title of 'brother' now. You never did. I have Blaze now. She's the one who stands up to everyone.  She's the one who rescued me from that blizzard. Not you. She's all I need now. Now you can go away. And never. Come. Back.” He almost screams in my face.

“You heard, didn't you? Breeze hates me now. He's never gonna want me back.” Ember places her hand on my shoulder. I feel the tears threatening to spill down my cheeks. “What do I do, Ember?” “Hey, Rain. You did the right thing. There's nothing more you could have said. Just remember that he chose to let you go. This is why you hassled him in the first place, right? For him to be independent. You've achieved your goal.” Ember looks at me, her eyes filled with pity. “You can't undo what you've done now. It's over.” I look over at her. “Thanks, Ember.” I wipe away my tears with the back of my sleeve. “I needed that.” I just hope Breeze will understand.

Reasoning for choice of moment:
"I chose it because it reminds me of me and my sister. We don't always get along, and people think of me as violent. But I don't want them to think that. So I picked it because it reminds me of me. :)"

My own comment:
The fact that you pulled this one up in well less than an hour or so is impressive. What I enjoy about it is the different perspective from the orignal. You guys seem to have a thing for portraying Rain's side of things and that's rather sweet because I don't plan on any pov's from him in the first book (as far as I know). Gives me ideas as well. I'm glad you took the time to write it. I really enjoyed it :)