Chapter 12

Seated straight back and in a seiza on his floor cushion next to Tajima, Madara showed no outward signs of his turmoil as the elders placed proposals after proposals atop the low table in front of them. His long mane helped to curtain most of his features, shadowing his expression as he silently observes the proceedings of their clan's monthly meetings.

This month, the discussion was about his potential marriage partners - as he was already of age to start his own family.

In his first life, Madara had made a huge ruckus, all but denying them by spitting profanities (undiluted terror clouding his judgment and he couldn't help but lash out). And to further nail his point, he went on unapproved solo missions that were borderline suicidal.

It worked, somewhat, as the council had dropped the matter in fear that he would perish during one of his reckless endeavor, which would then make the Uchiha lose their strongest warrior against the Senju.

He had, however, not taken their stubborn pride into account until it was far too late to intervene. His little brother's happiness had been stolen by an arranged marriage with one of the elders' granddaughter.

Up to his death, Madara could never forget the betrayal in Izuna's eyes as he sat with his soon-to-be wife and drank the ceremonial sake in Madara's place.

But he was a coward, too engrossed in his own self-pity to own up to his mistakes. And that only made the guilt all the more heavier and unbearable.

This time, however, Madara would be compliant, not wanting anyone to bear the consequences of his tantrums again. Madara's feelings held no significance, all that mattered was his little brothers' happiness.

He would wed whoever they wanted him to wed, but as soon as Tajima was dead, Madara would petition for an annulment. And as unlikely as it was for people of this time to agree to a divorce, Madara would prefer to start a family of his own choosing. A loveless marriage was a pointless marriage.

Furthermore, he did not want the poor woman who was unlucky enough to be chosen as Madara's partner to be labeled as the wife of a madman and a tyrant.

After all, at times, sacrifices must be made, and to bring an era of peace much earlier than his first life, Madara had already steeled himself to become the main villain of this story (and oh, how easy it was to fall back into old habits).

He had already fore-planned how he would dictate the Uchiha clan as soon as he became its head, and admittingly, it would not paint a pretty picture. The resentment and terror his kin would undoubtedly feel towards him would forever haunt his nights, but if it was at the cost of cutting years of pointless fighting and deaths, he would make them believe that Madara was not a kind man.

Konohagakure no Sato will be built ahead of its time if Madara has anything to say about it - fuck all those warmongers and vengeful ones. Anyone who opposed him would learn how unwise their decision was. And this was when the Forbidden Individual Curse Tag would come into play.

Madara was not Hashirama, and nor was he Naruto. Violence and war were all he knew. And if he wanted to make a point, it would be with his gunbai and cursed seals rather than his words. He would be a leader who controls and dominates his people; a vile dictator, waiting patiently until someone decrowns him forcefully.

Then-Hashirama would weep if he was here and had access to his innermost thoughts, and if Madara had not prepared his heart and mind from the getgo, he would have wept alongside his then-best friend.

"Very well. It has been decided. My son and heir, Madara, will wed Akio-dono's granddaughter, Hikari-san. The ceremony will take place at the end of this week. I expect everything to be ready, prepared, and perfected by then."