12 Days of Xmas: Day 4- Erzajane

Mirajane and Erza are making gingerbread houses when their old rivalry reignites.

-

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Cheerful Christmas music drifted through the Guild Hall's kitchen. Everything in the space radiated warmth and love, the glowing coals beneath the oven, the counters dusted in white powder, the shelves lined with various spices and ingredients. It was the dream of anyone who enjoyed food.

And no one enjoyed the fine art of food more than Erza Scarlet, especially those on the sweet side.

Erza reached for the bowl of candy and Mirajane smacked her hand away. "Quit eating all the gingerbread house ingredients!" Her blue eyes fell upon Erza's stained lips and teeth. "How much have you eaten, anyways?"

Erza licked the leftover sugar from her lips. "Nothing."

"Uh-huh." Mirajane went back to constructing her gingerbread house. She picked up the bag of icing and squeezed the paste along the side of the gingerbread square, her tongue poked out in concentration.

"Don't bite your tongue off." Erza teased, and Mira gave her the finger. That only made the redhead snicker.

"You could help, ya know."

"If I helped I'd end up eating all the ingredients."

"You're already doing that."

Then the music playing over the lacrima switched, the beats slowing into the music of the most famous Christmas duet of all time- 'Baby It's Cold Outside.' The corners of Erza's lips turned up. "It's our song."

"Well technically it's not ours." Mirajane supplied, and Erza shot her a look, Mira extended her hand. "But I guess I could humble you one dance."

"Humble me, hmm?" Erza asked, as she grabbed Mirajane's hands and pulled her in close.

"Just dance with me."

"As you wish."

They slow danced for a bit in the quiet before Mirajane started to sing along to the lyrics, her voice soft at first but getting bolder with each word. "I simply must go."

"But baby, it's cold outside." Erza's voice was nowhere near as good as Mirajane's, but she could hold a tune.

"The answer is no." Mirajane turned her head to the side and pretended to shun her, playing along with the ballad.

Erza followed her lead, holding her wrists in place and swaying, her face the picture of concern. "But baby, it's cold outside."

"Your welcome has been."

"How lucky that you dropped in."

"So nice and warm."

"Look out the window at this dawn." Erza dipped her so that her head fell back facing the window, the lights of dusk starting to flutter through the airy curtains.

A light gasp escaped Mirajane's throat, her heart fluttering in her chest. Warm blood rushed to her head, but maybe that was just from the position they were in. "My sister will be suspicious."

"Gosh your lips look delicious." Erza licked her own lips, brown eyes clouded over as she leaned in close.

"My brother will be there at the door." Mirajane's voice was barely a breath, the close proximity making her focus slip.

"Waves upon the tropical shore." Erza finished the line, and closed the gap between their lips. They shared a kiss, long enough to make Mirajane miss her line, but not long enough for Erza to miss hers. "Gosh your lips are delicious."