12 Days of Xmas: Day 12- Luli

Lisanna has a hopeless crush on Lucy Heartfilia and her scheming older sister decides to meddle

-

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Lisanna set her tray down, longing eyes watching Lucy and Natsu at the far table. Natsu leaned over to whisper something to her and Lucy's mouth dropped, gaping at him in offense. She shoved him playfully and Natsu laughed, Lucy soon joining in, hiding her giggle behind her hand.

The barmaid sighed wistfully, the ache in her chest coming back in full force. She wished she could have that.

"Whatcha sighing about?"

Lisanna jumped, and spun around. Her older sister, Mirajane, walked behind the bar, hands busy wiping a glass, but her blue eyes were fixated on Lisanna.

"Mira!" She exclaimed, a hand over her pounding heart. "You scared me."

Mirajane giggled "I can see that. So wanna tell me what that sigh was about? Somethin' got ya down lil' sis?"

"Oh, um..." Lisanna mouth went dry and she nervously tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Its nothing, I'm fine."

Mirajane narrowed her eyes, setting down the glass she'd been cleaning, full attention on her younger sister. "Your not telling me something."

Lisanna opened her mouth to protest but Mirajane pressed further, stepping closer. "What is it?...A boy?"

Lisanna rolled her eyes. "No, Mira it's not-"

"...or a girl." Mirajane finished, a knowing smirk playing over her lips, her blue eyes sparkling like jewels.

"What?" Lisanna sputtered, backing away, her face flushing. She waved her hands around, trying to banish the idea. "N-no! Don't be ridiculous!"

Mirajane gasped. "I knew it! You have a girl crush!" She ran up to her sister, grabbing her hands in hers. "Who is it? Tell me, tell me, tell me!" Mirajane bounced up a down, like a kindergartener on a sugar rush.

Lisanna scowled, yanking her hands back and stuffing them in her armpits as she crossed her arms. She looked away, her nose in the air. "I'm not telling you."

Mirajane's face fell. "What? Why? You can trust me with your secret!"

Lisanna snorted at that. "Yeah, trust."

"These lips are sealed." Mirajane drew a line across her mouth, and mimed throwing away a key.

"I can't trust you not to meddle in my love life." Lisanna fixed her sister with a look, unamused by the mime act. "Remember what happened last time?"

"Aww come on, Lisanna!" Mirajane put her hands on her hips. "I was just trying to help you."

"Next time don't."

The eldest sister scowled, her cheeks puffing up, she was about to protest her case further but was interrupted by a cheerful blonde.

"Hello, Mirajane!" Lucy greeted, then she spotted Lisanna and brightened. "Oh, and hello, Lisanna! I didn't see you there."

Lisanna blushed, butterflies spawning in her stomach. "H-hi Lucy."

Mirajane mouth dropped as she looked back and forth between Lucy and Lisanna. Oh great, she's caught me, Lisanna inwardly cursed her rotten luck.

Lucy plopped down on a stool, placing a job flier on the counter. "One smoothie to go, please."

Mirajane smiled, but not for the reason Lucy might think. "Another job? Is Erza working you poor dears too hard?" She asked as she fixed the blonde's drink.