12 Days of Xmas: Day 10- Yukinerva

Christmas is the time for family, and Minerva is introduced to Yukino's sister, Sorano, who doesn't like her at all.

-

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Before she could lose her nerve, Yukino mashed her finger against the doorbell.

Ding!

The chime sounded through the space, and Yukino waited nervously, shivering against the cold, and shifting her weight from foot to foot.

"Hey, look at me." A hand settled on Yukino's shoulders, and she forced herself to look up. Brown orbs met a green stare. Minerva reached a hand touch touch Yukino's face, thumb caressing her cheek, and she leaned into the comforting touch. "You can do this, Yukino. She already accepts knows your gay and still accepts you. Your going to survive this."

Yukino nodded. "I can do this." She repeated, squaring her shoulders and standing a little taller. The loving and steadfast support of her girlfriend helping to settle Yukino's nerves. 'How bad could one Christmas dinner be?'

"Yes you can." Minerva tucked a lock of white hair behind Yukino's ear, Minerva's olive colored eyes full of a warmth that was scarce during the winter season.

The door swung in, and Yukino jolted out of Minerva's touch, cheeks burning.

"Little sister!" Sorano beamed, and pulled Yukino into a bone crushing hug, the feathers around her sister's neck tickling Yukino's nose. The younger of the pair had to hold in a sneeze. "Merry Christmas!"

"Uh... Merry Christmas to you too...?" For a lack of anything else to do Yukino just patted her sister's back.

She looked over Sorano's shoulder at Minerva, who was standing off to the side and trying not to look awkward. Yukino's eyes pleaded for help as she mouthed. 'What should I do?'

Her girlfriend folded her arms, and raised her perfectly groomed brows, 'I don't know, I'm not exactly an expert on family. She's hugging you so that good, I guess?'

Sorano pulled away, and Yukino snapped her eyes back to her sister's face. Sorano looked her up and down, and Yukino stiffened, "Aww, you've grown so much little sister! The gorgeous Aguria genes are finally starting to show on you!"

Over Sorano's shoulder, Minerva raised an eyebrow, 'Was that an insult or a compliment?'

Yukino honestly didn't know, her sister had given her these kind of quips all her life, but it was hard to tell which way they veered. Yukino did what she always did, and just accepted the remark with a closed lipped smile.

Sorano turned around to see what Yukino was looking at, and her brown eyes narrowed, going cold as ice picks. Minerva smiled at her, wiggling her fingers in a small wave. Scratch smile, it was more like a smirk.

"Sorano... this is my girlfriend, Minerva. Minerva this is my sister Sorano." Yukino introduced them, eyes darting back and forth between the two women.

Minerva strode up to her sister, extending a silken gloved hand. "A pleasure."

Sorano shook the extended hand, her long nails digging in and knuckles flushing white, as if she was trying to crush Minerva's hand. "Oh no, the pleasure is all mine."

Minerva's eyes glowed, predator assessing prey. Sorano gazed right back, and Yukino quickly revised her assessment, predator assessing predator. A showdown. That's what this was. An apex predator showdown.

"Okay!" Yukino exclaimed, the sound so cheerful she inwardly cringed at the fakeness. "Now that we've done introductions, why don't we get out of this cold and go inside?"