five

ALLURA WANTED TO DO A lot of things when she realized she on earth, but looking at an animal won the price. Something as simple as that would finally fulfill the second last thing in her bucket list her pabbi had forced her to do.

So, she rushed down the street, careful not to drop her thermos as she looked around. Though what she didn't realize was that earthlings had different ways of transportation than they did back in in Jupiter. Cars.

She heard a loud noise from behind her, almost startling her as she moved to get away from the road while trying not to unleash any of her abilities on the innocent mundanes.

"Sorry! Sorry!" She screamed sheepishly, getting off the road and into the snow, her boots protecting her from the H2O it contained. Her green eyes looked in front of her, odd things that could fly going in front of her with their wings, startling her and then making her laugh.

A woman with an animal of four legs approached her, the creature getting excited to meet a new person as the owner rambled what Allura thought to be apologies.

"It's okay." She said, the woman tilting her head in confusion and then her eyes widening, a smile taking over her lips.

"You speak English?" She asked, her accent heavy as Allura sent her a grateful look, nodding at the strange name for a language they had always called Enska back home.

"Yes. You can say that." The strawberry blonde said, the other woman nodding with a confused glance. Allura really hoped the stranger would not start asking questions, for she didn't really know what would be correct to reply.

It almost made her laugh. Being from one of the most intelligent planets and being one of the brightest up there, yet down here, the people's thoughts and ideas made her feel so stupid and so confused. Maybe it was the lack of custom to the humans, or the fact that things were completely different back in Jupiter.

"How come?" The woman asked, Allura flinching slightly at the only thing she couldn't really answer. She laughed nervously, fiddling with her fingers and watching them start glowing, putting them behind her back as the dog started barking at her.

"I must go. Good night." The woman looked astonished for a second before shrugging and saying bye, Allura walking forward and letting out a sigh of relief, bringing the thermos to her lips and taking a sip.

Her green eyes looked up to the sky, her hands pulling at the coat she was wearing and revealing the beautiful blue color on her skin, a small smile tugging in at the sight of her planet where her grandmother always told her it was from Earth.

"Ég sakna þín, mamma." I miss you, mom. She mumbled, her hair falling on her face slightly as she looked down to pick up a pice of snow, her hand crushing it as it melted in her hand, making it turn red and itch slightly as she chuckled. "Oxygen and Hydrogen." She said, pursing her lips and throwing the ice on the floor.

Her green eyes became getting teary as she held the necklace her mother had given her, Allura feeling the cold air against her skin, the temperature not comparing to her planet's. It was so much warmer on earth. Allura put the coat back on, spotting a crowd of the other specie.

She looked around to see the people, hugging each other and drinking as they danced to music the girl had never heard before, the melody coming soft to her ears as she approached the joyful humans, who smiling at her and pulling her to the small reunion, her green eyes widening as they sang.

"Stars shining bright above you, night breezes seem to whisper I love you. Birds singing in the sycamore trees. Dream a little dream of me." They chorused, cheering as they clapped at the musicians, the strawberry blonde being twirled softly at the tune and then passed to another man, who looked at her with recognition.