twenty five

THE ALIEN KNEW HYDRA WAS not going to forgive their little stunt. Sure, they were given two days to kill off the target, but their handlers and superiors were most likely expecting them to follow them around like they always did.

Though it wasn't the case, and the Winter Soldier had dragged her to complete a mission that could've easily get them captured by Captain America. Smart? Not really; in HYDRA's opinion at least.

Allura screamed one more time, her stomach tightening as she bent her back in pain. She was wearing something in her mouth so she wouldn't break her teeth, her eyes wide as the fire, electricity and hydrogen pumped through her body. She was sweating a lot, her chest heaving as she soothed herself with a name she didn't recognize.

'James. James.' Went through her mind, the feeling of the name calming her down as she suffered through the torture. She didn't understand the reaction in her body, why the name made the feelings o pain numb and her heart flutter the way it did.

But she liked it.

The Winter Soldier was next to her, going through the same procedure without fire and hydrogen. He was also screaming, his brain being fried for more time than he could count. But they were used to it. They were accustomed to the agony and the lack of control over their own bodies  and memories with the words that followed.

Once the words were said and the process was done, Allura was taken to the cell she had grown to label like home. The dusty, rotten, smelly place that she had been thrown into like trash since the moment she was taken.

It was awful how she came from a beautiful planet and had lived there for her entire life, yet due to the mind control the only place she thought she really knew was that small, putrid cell.

The Winter Soldier was thrown next to her, his torso bare as he fell on the ground from the strength. His blue eyes were void, the man struggling to stand up as he sat down on the bed. He couldn't remember anything yet again, and he felt a growing frustration in his stomach.

The Alien sighed, getting on her bed and hugging her legs. Her long strawberry blonde hair was covering part of her face, her green eyes looking down at the floor as she felt the soldier's eyes on her. So she turned to meet them.

They felt like they knew each other. Their gaze was so familiar yet so strange. It was surreal how eager their minds were to pull a string they didn't recognize, a string they didn't know was there... a string to their memories.

And it was horrible how the string wouldn't be pulled soon enough.

"I DON'T GET WHY THE flash drive is so damn important." Ezekyel said, Natasha rolling her eyes as they entered the mall. They were all wearing normal clothes, Steve a cap and glasses while Ezekyel wore an Iron Man hoodie. "I won't let Tony see me in this thing."

"Ezekyel, this is serious." Natasha scolded, Steve sighing and looking down at the shoes he had never wore before.

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." Steve complained, his gaze going back in front of of him as he subtly checked the area for any agents that were looking for him and Ezekyel.

"My dignity is falling off."

"Your dignity fell off back in 2012, Ezekyel." Natalia said, Steve chuckling at the memory and the three heroes entering a Mac store to use their computers. The Alien only huffed, going to the flash drive in the small space and waiting for the information to load until Natasha stopped him, her hand going on top of his as their eyes met and stayed on each other for a few seconds. Then, Natasha spoke, removing her hand with a small smile. "The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are."