twenty eight

ALLURA SAT DOWN ON THE hard bed of her cell, her eyes looking at the wall in front of her above the Winter Soldier. Her long strawberry blonde hair was loose and it fell on her shoulders, only a bra covering her and the normal cargo pants. Her bare feet were against the bed, her knees to her chest as she fiddled with her thumbs.

       "Allura?"

       The voice echoed in her head, the name hitting her close to home as she sat thoughtfully. Her hand went to the band on her forehead, feeling it sink deeper into her head as she touched it no matter how softly she did. She let out a small hiss, the Winter Soldier's eyes looking up at her in alert.

       She shook her head at him, placing her chin against her arms that were now on top of her knees. The man imitated the position, waving slightly with his hand but his expression remaining cold.

        "Ty vyglyadish' bespokoynym." You look restless. He told her quietly, noticing the small purple bags under her eyes and the pale skin that he had grown used to in the small time they had been out of cyro freeze. The Alien nodded.

       "They don't understand English, do they?" She asked him, the soldier shaking his head as he gulped softly, blue meeting green.

       "Not all of them." He replied, his eyebrow raising slightly. "Why?"

       "The people on the bridge. I feel like-"

       "You know them? I know. I feel that way too." He said, Allura nodding and tilting her head slightly as she looked around the cell. Comfortable silence made itself present between the assets, wheels spinning in their head as they tried to trigger their own memories through overthinking.

        Allura. The language he had spoken seemed so familiar in his voice..

        "Stop taking your jewelry off, mamma." A voice echoes in her head, the image of a handsome man in a different planet with a smile that mesmerized her and another man now in Earth with the most beautiful blue eyes.

        Guards arrived in the cell, The Winter Soldier's blue eyes following the Alien's green ones as they were grabbed by the arms, guns pointed at them.

       "Idti." Go. They ordered in Russian, grabbing a piece of her long hair and sitting her down on the chair she had grown to know. She felt the familiar goosebumps on her skin, her breath quickening as her chest started rising up and down quickly.

        The men started fixing the Winter Soldier's arm, the man only staring straight ahead with as much intrigue as the Alien was.

        She looked at the soldier, sending a nod his way as they threw the guards of them, the male soldier snapping their necks and punching them as she wrapped her legs around their necks and took them down.

        "ENOUGH!" A man screamed, guards making the assets sit down by force.

        "Sir, they're unstable. Erratic."

        "Mission report." The man ignored the desperate scientist, his eyes landing on the assets they all treated so cruelly. Their eyes seemed torn, their gaze lost and confused as their heads tried tp arrange thoughts and memories they didn't know existed.

         They only knew they were partners, they were HYDRA. They weren't even agents or soldiers, they were just assets, weapons. A weapon doesn't have a story, it's just a creation made for destruction. They don't have a life, a purpose, or a mission other than complying and being the good little puppets everyone expects them to be. So, they don't cry, they don't complain and they don't respond.

        For weapons do not weep.

        And all of that was reflected in their dead, numb eyes, as they stared at the man in front of them that believed himself to be superior.

        "Mission report now." The man approached the female asset, grabbing her chin roughly, as he stared into her eyes. He looked between the assets, a deafening silence that made everything on edge being broken by the sound of a hand against skin. The Alien's cheek was slapped, her head going to the side.

        The male asset clenched his teeth in an anger he couldn't understand.

        When he saw the man was about to hit her once more, he was quick to reply whatever came to his mind... just so they wouldn't hurt her again.

        "The people on the bridge." Bucky started, his eyes going from Allura to Pierce. "Who were they?"

       "You met them earlier this week on another assignment."

        "No. We knew them." Allura insisted, her eyes going over to the Winter Soldier as they looked at each other, ignoring the people in the room as they attempted to make memories rise from the depths of their brainwashed, tortured brains.

        "Your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century, and I need you to do it one more time. Society is at a tipping point between order and chaos. Tomorrow morning we're gonna give it a push. But, if you don't do your part, I can't do mine, and HYDRA can't give the world the freedom it deserves." Alexander spoke, the assets shaking their heads, practically begging them to just listen...for once.

       "But we knew them." The plural they used when it came to each other angered Pierce further, the man punching the male asset on the face and shaking his head at them. Allura glared at him, seeing her partner's lost expression.

       "Prep them."

       "I would never, ever fight you, Allura." It seemed to echo in their heads, small moments that would soon be taken all over again.

       "Bucky." She whispered, a small smile taking over her face as she continued to look at the asset, her eyes softening from the combination of rough and broken. The soft voice was heard as Alexander pushed her down on the chair, getting a material that went in her mouth to keep her teeth from breaking in an attempt to keep her quiet.

       "Allura." It bounced naturally, the name coming as a reflex as the asset's muscles clenched and he allowed the scientist to control him. Then five hours of wiping began, the electricity so high that it would've killed a normal human being.

      But not them.

     No, not them.

       Death would be an escape for the soldiers, a relief that HYDRA was not ready to grant them. A relief they would never grant them. It was an option the assets didn't even have because of the super soldier serum running through their veins and in their DNA.

       So, as their minds were thrown back into the blender, they tried to cling onto the names they had just managed to remember, the names that belonged to two people who had a lot of blood in their hands, and a lot of guilt they couldn't even feel....

       ... and they failed

       The names Bucky and Allura were forgotten as their training came back.

       Your obey
       You don't speak
       You don't care about each other
       You are assets
       You are not human

       And so, they just were.

Hiiii! I'm back!

I'm so sorry for not updating sooner, I know I've been gone for a while. But I have soooo much homework and exams and all of those awful things and I've had no time. 🥺

But, I have some stuff written that I hope I can publish so I don't go into writer's block and lose the path of the story; that I've already made.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for your beautiful comments, and to the ones who wrote me to update, thank you! Because it pushed me to keep it in my head and update it for you guys.

I wish you all a great day, hope to see you in the next chapter :)

-evanescence2016