Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

The sensation of nothingness quickly wears off and I become aware of all my molecules floating around me. It feels like centuries before I can pull them all back to me. I watch as my hand's reform and so does the rest of me. I try to focus on anything outside of the molecular realm and I feel myself violently falling until my body smashes into the floor. Feeling the carpet below me, I pray that this is the carpet in my hotel room.

My breathing is ragged, and everything is broken down into molecules. I reach for my glasses and find them missing. I go to reach into my pockets and find myself touching my own skin. I wiggle around and realize that I am as naked as the day I was born. I jump up from the floor and feel around until I find something that feels like my suitcase. It takes me quite a bit of effort before I find myself fully dressed.

Where did my clothes go? What happened to my glasses? What happened to me? Where did I go? I frantically ponder what happened as I search the room blindly hoping to find my glasses. I couldn't have lost them! Those glasses cost a thousand dollars! Panicking, I stop paying attention to my surroundings and trip over something and hit the ground.

"Damn it!" I yell in frustration.

Tears burn in my eyes, but I don't have time to cry as there is a rapid knocking on my door. I push myself to my feet and follow the sound. My hand fumbles for the doorknob and I finally get the door open.

"Aviva!" A women's voice yells in surprise before I am pulled into a hug.

"Miss Winters?" I ask surprised at the sudden display of affection. I have sat in a meeting here and there with her, and she occasionally stops in with Alexander but that has been the extent of our interactions.

"What the hell happened back there? You just disappeared!" She yells at me and I try to focus on her face.

"Where are your glasses?" She asks, and I feel tears burn in my eyes.

"I don't know," I mumble frustration.

"What do you mean?"

"I lost them," I grumble. There is a beat of silence.

"I need to speak to Alexander, is he around?" I ask

"Yeah he's in his room trying to get a hold of your father," she says, and I panic.

"NO!" I yell, and she starts tugging me in the right direction.

"Hi, is this Mr. Arlington?" I hear Alexander's voice say.

"Give me the phone Alexander!" I hiss out and I feel the phone in my hand.

"Sweetheart, what is going on? Alexander has been trying to get a hold of me for the last half an hour," my dad's worried voice asks.

"I lost my glasses," I say.

"Did you lose them in the explosion?" He asks sympathetically. How has he heard about that already? I'm sure it is on the news at this point.

"Yes," I half-lie. It isn't the full story, but it also isn't a blatant lie.

"Aviva, are you okay? I'll order you a new pair right now, but you know it'll take a few weeks for them to get here," my dad says.

"I'm fine, I was knocked over and they went flying. We're going to go check the convention center once it is cleared but they probably are broken," I say solemnly.