Christmas with the family

Christmas. The whole family together, this was going to be a nightmare! This meant having Cat and Lois in the same room . Kara just hoped that no one will say anything. "So..." the blonde kryptonian starts , trying to break the silence that filled the dinning room. " Cat how's your pregnancy been so far?" Eliza asks, Kara shoots her a look of gratitude. "Oh it's... fine I guess, baby's a strong kicker " she lets out a laugh "bar that it's been normal so far." The CEO smiles at her mother-in-law's concern ."I'm kinda bummed you didn't get any powers or something cool" Carter says from besides his mom. "Well bud I think you getting a little brother or sister will be cool" Kara says to the kid who shrugs. "Um talking about pregnancy..." Lois says from the other side of the table . Before looking Kara can feel her wife's features pull into a sour expression. "Clarke and I have some news... you wanna tell 'em honey?" She asks looking at her husband pleadingly. Clarke wears a worried expression "sorry" he mouths at Kara. "We're going to have a baby" he says. Every thing moves all at once. Kara can feel Cat's muscles clench . "You couldn't let me have something to myself just one could you Lane?" Cat asks a mix of anger and hurt lacing her voice . "Believe it or not Cat this has nothing to do with you " Lois replies snorting. "You just had to steal my thunder didn't you? Was not having the attention that bad? No wonder everyone prefers your sister " Cat says looking over to the younger Lane sister. "I mean it's not like most of us haven't been there" she adds looking at Alex. "Cat!" Kara gasps "uncalled for " she says as most of the table look embarrassed at the truth of the words. "No she's right. People prefer my sister, at least I never dated an assistant" Lois smiles falsely. "At least I never got with my spouse because of a bet" cat snaps back. Gasps erupt from the room "Cat! You promised we'd not mention that!" The reporter looks shell shocked. While cat looks smug . "I don't know what Kara sees in you , your heartless! She must be desperate to of ever said yes to you!" she snaps. Something in Cat, her last inch of self control, snaps . Red hot anger filters through her entire body . "Insult me all you want , call me cruel , heartless. Whatever , but Lois ? Go insult my wife one more time and you'll regret it " Cat growls in an animalistic manner. The heat inside her still rising , burning. Her eyes feel hot like they are melting , dissolving. Flash! A beam of light flashes and two holes appear in the wall above the older Lane's head . Silence . At first it was a worried silence, then a mystified one. "Now that was cool" Carter says . "What just happened ?" Cat asks confused. "Well love , you appear to have nearly burnt a hole in Lois' head" Kara says cautiously. "In sure it's perfectly normal to experience a power transference with these types of pregnancy's " Dr Danvers says looking at Cat. Examining her. "Whatever just happened, remind me to not annoy Cat for at least four months " Alex says coming back up from where she was hiding under the table. "Alex , were you-" Lucy starts with a laugh "Shut up, that was scary okay? We almost became barbequed" the agent says looking at Cat fearfully. "Yeah I'm I'm sorry for that everyone " Cat says apologetically. "I should also apologise for riling you up " Lois says softly . "We've been at war too long how about we call a truce , we're family now" she adds looking hopefully at the blonde . "Fine ... truce" Cat says rolling her golden eyes. "My god it must be Christmas!" Lucy snickers . Cat rolls her eyes again . It must be Christmas indeed.