Allura

*25 years on*
Allura , now an adult, stood by her mother on a patch of soggy grass. Her hands shaking, her blue eyes over flowing with tears . She had Kara's eyes but everything else about her screamed that she was a Grant. Like Cat, she was very driven. She became the CEO of CatCo at just 22. The rain was relentless against her new designer coat , her shoulder length curls were damp and messy. She looked ahead though, as if nothing was wrong,  it was something she had always been taught "nothing is ever wrong, not if you get up and face the music" that was Cat's first piece of advice for her when she took on CatCo, to be brave. So that's what she would do... or try to do at least.  " This is so unfair!" The oldest Grant , Carter says distraught . "It's going to be okay Cart" Allura looks to her older brother with as much a smile she could muster.  "It's okay for you, you're so much alike her that it doesn't matter she's gone,  you'll be National City's new hero, everything will go your way " Carter sobbed . The half kryptonian was shocked,  she'd never seen her brother like this. "You think this will be easy for me? I'm nothing like her! Do you have any idea what a legacy she left? This city adored her! To them I'm not even close, a cheap second. Don't think I have it easy because I have powers. That's just something mom made look easy" she didn't want to do this, to fight but she couldn't help it,  Carter always believed that everything comes easy for her, it did not. Just because she looks like Cat Grant and has the powers of Supergirl, it does not mean she is anything like the inspirational, brave power legacy she should be. She walked away from her brother and went back to stand by the blonde woman dressed in black. "How-" she starts looking at the blonde."don't... Ally please don't ask me if I'm okay" . It was obvious she wasn't,  but Allura respected her wishes and didn't push her futher. "I'm really sorry mom" the two hug , in a embrace that holds emotion.  The words neither can find in the moment . "Don't be sorry , it's not your fault." At that moment Alex walks over "Allura, hey! Wanna drink?" A glass of wine was offered to  her. "Thanks" Ally nods at her aunt.  "I can't believe she's gone" the brunette says looking forward . "That makes two of us, Alex what do I do? I can't be her!" The CEO asks her eyes a deep pool of worry. "Here's a suggestion,  don't be her, be you . I learnt you don't have to be exactly the same as someone to follow the path they set, make your own rules , mistakes . Learn your own lessons. You are you,  not her remember that okay kiddo?"
With a swig of her wine she smiles and goes to comfort Allura's mom . Leaving Ally alone, for the first time in her life that's what she felt . Alone . The only person who's hug she wanted had just been buried.  She need her help, her advice, her strength.  Loneliness was not something Ally was use to, her family was so tightly knit together and woven into one that she thought she was never going to feel this feeling. That was until of course,  she lost a mother. She looked at the headstone , it was elegant.  White marble with golden swirly lettering. In the boldest font was her name , the name of her mother. Catherine Jane Grant.  It read . Beloved wife , mother and daughter. God will she be missed.