Chapter 7

(Jayda above)

Jayda

It's finally Monday. This weekend was super long. After the fight and all that nobody came to the house but that doesn't change my suspicions. After something like that it's never over.

The rest of the weekend was chill and I really feel like I'm growing close to these people even though I've known them for only 4 days I feel like they are genuine people.

"Jayda lets go" I heard Aaliyah call me from downstairs

I finally got around to signing my paperwork for the car and putting it in my name and all that Jazz so now I can drive to school or anywhere else for that matter.

"I need to find a job around here" I blurted out to Aaliyah and August as I started the car.

"Why, y'all live in a whole ass mansion" August said plainly

"I know that but I like my own money to buy my own things...I hate depending on people" I said admiring the car.

"Well good luck with that sis" Aaliyah said finally speaking

We pulled up to the school and per usual there's people staring at me I pay it no attention and walk into school with August and Aaliyah. As soon as I walk into my class there's whispers and even more stares I quickly glanced over at Dave who was staring at me with a swollen eye, busted lip and a scratch that goes from one side of his face to the other before putting his face in his arms. I don't feel one ounce of sympathy for him, he went over the line and your not gonna disrespect me twice especially if I don't know you and him being a male makes it even worse. I talked to the office and got my seat in mr.Martins class changed so hopefully there won't be any problems between me and David. I sat down and immediately started to double check my homework when I got a text from Aaliyah.

liyahboo: yo come outside real quick!

Me: ard I'm coming out now

I closed my phone and put it in my back pocket.

"Mr.martin, can I go to the bathroom" I asked trying not to sound anxious.

"Yeah, hurry up" he said brushing me off

I hopped out of my seat and hurried to the door to see Aaliyah at the end of the hall.

"Wsp?" I said a little out of breath

"The girl we fought has friends that go here and she tranna fight again" she said in a serious tone.

"And there's a video of you beating her and Dave up that's why she wanna fight again"she said

It's like I can't win here.

"I got extra sneakers in my locker if you need it, you picked I good day to dress comfortable" I said thinking out loud.