Chapter 8

August

"This was supposed to be a better life for me" Jayda said finally talking to me.

"This was supposed to be a dream come true but look at me, I've been in three altercations in 5 days...I don't belong here" she said never facing me.

It's been a few hour since the fight and this is the first time she's talked to me. I understand completely why she's mad. Shit I'm mad at myself I put Ella, Aaliyah, and Jayda in danger by trying to keep them out of it.

"Where I'm from if you do some shit like that you get kilt, I fight I'm not gone never let nobody disrespect me like that. I don't argue I don't yell I fight I grew up fighting if it's one thing I know how to do it's that on my momma" she said in a shaky voice

"I hope you know I was only looking out for you and it was all out of love, I'm sorry that I thought I knew what was best" I said after a long pause.

"I know, but there is some things that you just can't control" she said finally looking at me

"My mom and Marcus come back tonight" Aaliyah said loud enough for everybody to hear

"We need to clean up and stuff, and make sure y'all don't tell her nothing that happened here" she said rolling her eyes

We quickly cleaned up making sure to put everything back in its original state before sitting on the couch.

"I wanna watch a movie y'all down?" Lucas questioned

Everybody nodded in agreement before a knock came to the door. Jayda quickly got up and answered.

Jayda

I twisted the locked and saw my aunt and an unknown man standing at the door I quickly hugged her for what seemed like forever before pulling away.

"Awww I missed you so much, you done got grown on me" she said smiling

She walked inside and looked at everybody on the couch.

"So y'all bout to watch movies without us, mmm that's a shame" she joked

She looks so different, way happier than I remember.

"Oh, Jayda this is Marcus my boyfriend "

I looked to see a tall man with chocolate skin and white teeth.

"Nice to meet you" he said with a smile

"You too" I smiled before heading back to the couch as I watched them go upstairs.

"We'll be in our room if you need us, try not to need us because we are definitely going to sleep" my aunt yelled down the steps

I looked back at everybody and noticed August staring at me. We never finished our conversation. I'm not mad at him I know he means well but I'm just not use to people caring because In my mind their just another person I have to carry.

I watched the movie with everybody and as soon as it was over I went up to my room seeing as it was midnight. Today was a long day.
*
*
*

Aaliyah